Quick Survey For All Pet Owners

Taniaa001

Hi All,

I am doing a year 12 research project about pets and need to collect approximately 50 completed survey's from all types of pet owners.

for more information on the research project please fill free to visit www.sace.sa.edu.au. I will be seeing your answers and also my teacher and the sace board.

I thought because of the diversity and experience of people on here that Dogzonline that this would be a fantastic place to collect my information.

Can you please take 5 minutes out of your day to fill in the survey below.

If you would prefer to email it to me directly my email address is [email protected]

Thanks so much for your input and time.

Regards,

Tania.

Survey

1. What are your thoughts of animals in pet shops?

Cruel Unsure Fine

Comments:________________________________________________________

2. Would you consider buying an animal from a pet store?

Yes No

3. Have you ever brought an animal from a pet shop?

Yes No

4. What was it? _____________________________________________________________________________

5. Are you happy with the animal?

Yes No

6. Why did you get the animal from the pet shop?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

7. Did the animal live with you till the end of its life or still is living with you?

Yes No

8. If you answered No for question 5, do you know what happened to the pet?

Please say ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

9. Reason to give the animal up. (circle answer)

 Can’t afford it

 Moved housed

 Took too much to care for

 Too destructive

 Not good with kids

 No time

 Didn’t get on with other animals

 Other ________________________________________________________________

10. Do you know where pet shops get their animals from?

Yes No

11. If yes, Where from and how do you know?

________________________________________________________________________________

12. Does it make you concerned?

Yes No

13. Do you think Pet shops are better than shelter pets?

Yes No

Why/ Why not? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

14. Have you ever brought an animal from a rescue shelter, group or qualified registered breeder?

Yes No

15. Where you happy with the animal?

Yes No

16. Did the animal live with you till the end of its life or is it still living with you?

Yes No

Thank you very much for filling out my survey.

Edited by Taniaa001

nup, not touching that with a barge pole...

also, it would seem to me that a yr 12 student would have a better grasp on the written word --- just sayin'

I think you would be unpleasantly surprised Skruffy!!! lol

Hi Tania

This isn't working. You need to try again. I'd suggest

1. Giving your post another title, eg, "Survey on pet shops" subtitle "Year 12 project"

2. Setting it up so that it's easy for viewers to return the survey to you. Very important that your email address works. Give instructions about how to respond.

3. Think the survey through a little more. I've tried to fill it out below . . . I think pet shop sales of live animals are cruel and should be banned. I have not and never will bought/buy an animal from a pet shop (actually, I bought some fish from a pet shop . . . but I don't think you're asking about fish). You should have something in there to tell people like me to skip to question 13.

4. If you're asking about dog or cat, say that . . . not 'pet'.

5. Us oldies have gotten lots of pets from shelters/breeders/etc. It's hard for people in our group to fill out the survey. Make it clearer, please.

Good luck

Survey

1. What are your thoughts of animals in pet shops?

Cruel Unsure Fine

Comments: Define 'animal'

2. Would you consider buying an animal from a pet store?

Yes No

3. Have you ever brought an animal from a pet shop?

Yes No

4. What was it? n.a.

5. Are you happy with the animal?

n.a.

6. Why did you get the animal from the pet shop?

n.a.

7. Did the animal live with you till the end of its life or still is living with you?

n.a.

8. If you answered No for question 5, do you know what happened to the pet?

n.a.

9. Reason to give the animal up. (circle answer)

 Can’t afford it

 Moved housed

 Took too much to care for

 Too destructive

 Not good with kids

 No time

 Didn’t get on with other animals

 Other ________________________________________________________________

10. Do you know where pet shops get their animals from?

Yes No

11. If yes, Where from and how do you know?

________________________________________________________________________________

12. Does it make you concerned?

Yes No

13. Do you think Pet shops are better than shelter pets?

Yes No

Question doesn't make sense. I think you mean 'pet shop pets' . . . not ;pet shops'.

Why/ Why not? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

14. Have you ever brought an animal from a rescue shelter, group or qualified registered breeder?

Yes No What do you mean by a 'group'? I have bought both from a rescue shelter and from a couple registered breeders. How should I answer?

15. Where you happy with the animal?

Yes No Two yesses, one no . . . The no was a show dog bought from a breeder. His hip scores came out bad and I re-sold him as a pet. He was a wonderful, beautiful dog.

16. Did the animal live with you till the end of its life or is it still living with you?

Yes No

Thank you very much for filling out my survey.