Geelong Show

Just wondering if anyone is going to the show on Sunday - and if they have their numbers back. I have mine back, but can't understand their numbering system :confused:

My number which is 614 - which would normally be a group 6 or 7 number - but according to their numbering it is a group 2 number (for my JRT)

Can anyone help out??

thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, that can't be it - at least for us - ours were sent off in plenty of time. I can just see the secretary's office on Sunday, :eek: I think there will be a few confused people at the window. Hopefully the catalogue will explain it properly

I think it was Geelong that used to start each group's numbers with their group (so group two all started at 200 onwards, group four at 400 etc...) but that doesn't explain the 614 for a group two numbers....maybe they are going backwards, so all group seven starts with 100, group six with 200, group five with 300 etc....?

I just got mine in the mail this morning and I'm 599! For a group 1 dog... lol

I'm guessing they didn't include some in the first cut of the catalogue because they do have consequtive numbers and then it starts all over again in a second batch... presumably our out of order numbers will just be integrated in, can't see how they wouldn't be. How bizarre!!

Oh my, it is going to make for an interesting morning. :rofl: I think I need a panadol, this is just doing my head in.

BB, I hope I can come home with at least something, lol, fringy would be nice :thumbsup: I got a notice for the numbers in the groups - this is what it looks like

Gr 1 1 + 579-624

Gr 2 112 + 641

Gr 3 181 + 667

Gr 4 261 + 680

Gr 5 311 + 704

Gr 6 435 + 723

Gr 7 509 + 744

Last number 744

So now you can see why we are all confused :eek:

OMG, i didnt pay that much attention to the number slip........I thought I looked at mine and it showed about 110 dogs in group 5, clearly not.

Can we agree that there might be 744 dogs in the show? I think I have GSD open bitch 395 and Sheltie Junior dog 399