Chris Brown On Greyhounds

Trishm

No, we don't put the pics of the dogs on the website, for a number of reasons. One is, the dogs come and go through the system too quickly (if it all goes to plan). Also, we try to match the dogs personalities and characteristics to the right family; we were finding that if people saw a particular dog they liked the look of on the website, but it wasn't the right dog for them in temperament, it became a problem because people set their hearts on "that" dog. It got to be a bit of a hassle to be honest, so we have found that not having the pics of available dogs up there prevented that disappointment and some of the unrealistic expectations of potential adopters.

There is a lot of great info in the website though, and pictures of lovely adopted dogs! :D

I still wear my GAP bright red T-Shirt :D

Lots of people always aks me about it, and I think its hilarious when they ask me if I adopted Bruno through GAP (he is a rather large Ridgeback :laugh: )

Love the work GAP does and it is the only dog rescue type group I donate my bucks to now.

I have two rescue greys and all my neighbours love them especially my 90 year old neighbours who tell me daily what they get up to.

Yes, all the neighbours here love the greys next door. One ex-racer, saved from being PTS for being too slow, was the all-time favourite. Boofy, by name....gorgeous by nature. While his 'dad' was at work, we neighbours would call Boofy to the fence for a pat or two. He'd come padding out to get attention. Then he'd lean right down, so our little tibbie, Angel, could give him a kiss. Angel adored Boofy (who wouldn't!). Tragically, Boofy died, while under anaesthetic to be desexed. He was only 2 years old. His owner & all the neighbours were devastated. Most of all, for weeks afterwards, little Angel would go up to the fence & wait and wait for Boofy to come. Angel later became a small dog tester for GAP. Every time a big grey was brought up to be tested with her, her eyes would light up, 'Is this Boofy come back?'

Rescued greyhounds make the best neighbours. :thumbsup:

I still wear my GAP bright red T-Shirt :D

I still have a box full of those damn things, they were the fugliest t-shirts ever made :laugh:

This is what we started doing with them..

red.jpg

Like the Whippies and other low body mass sighthounds, vets really have to know Greys to be able to safely undergo anesthetic. Something we should mention to our not very doggy friends that are considering adopting.

Interestingly I was scrolling through the GAP Vic site today at came across Orange Aid's profile, he is listed has having a family waiting for him, gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that.

Like the Whippies and other low body mass sighthounds, vets really have to know Greys to be able to safely undergo anesthetic. Something we should mention to our not very doggy friends that are considering adopting.

You're right. Boofy's owner really beat himself up for not taking Boofy to be desexed at the vet who cares for his racing greys.

Good on you for highlighting the need for care re anaesthesia.