Best Food For Putting On Weight

My female Boxer x (probably staffy)is 5 years old and has always struggled with keeping weight on

She loves her food and runs a lot. She looks skinny and weighs around 27-31KG(what is normal?)

I have had her on an expensive dry food before and its done the job but I really cant afford it at the moment

Does anyone have any tips or success with their active dog?

We used to have a saluki that drove me nuts trying to get and keep weight on her. Lambflaps did help.

But I bought some Livamol (bought it online and it was about $17 for a kg bag? Lasts ages so very cost effective) and a dessert spoon a day of that made a big difference, improved her coat as well.

But I bought some Livamol (bought it online and it was about $17 for a kg bag? Lasts ages so very cost effective) and a dessert spoon a day of that made a big difference, improved her coat as well.

That's interesting, I never thought it would have that effect.

I've used lamb flaps, porridge and eagle pack power, as well as feeding a couple of times day instead of just one. Not that mine need to gain weight anymore, but as youngsters one of them was too skinny by far.

Edited by Diva

My dogs get 1-3 hours of hard running a day and a few times a week do 20-30km in one go.

I feed raw and they get between 1.3-2kgs of food a day.

So yes feed fatty food etc but try feeding more. How much are you feeding your dog?

I weigh all their meals so I know how much they get. If they are losing weight I know how much to up it without going overboard.