Pedigree Paper Transfer

Sutton

My pup is registered in nsw and i need to transfer him into my name.

Do i fill out the back of the form and send it to dogs sa or dogs nsw :confused:

Iam wanting to joing dogs sa to,to eventually show him. Do i fill out the membership and send in his pedigree transfer at the same time?

No clue,this is my first registered dog.

Thanks

I always send the paperwork to my local association, send in the membership paperwork along with the papers as then it can all be processed together.

ETA: The back should be signed by the breeder, you complete the rest and submit it like that.

Edited by -Megz-

As Megz said, I had the same question when I got Halo and sent it to DogsSA. I was already a member, but you do need to be a member to have the dog in your name so send membership form at the same time and they'll process it together (I did this for Akira).

As Megz said, I had the same question when I got Halo and sent it to DogsSA. I was already a member, but you do need to be a member to have the dog in your name so send membership form at the same time and they'll process it together (I did this for Akira).

i don't understand why they insist you ahve to be a member to have a dog in your name. You don't have to in Qld. To my way of thinking it is like buying a car and being told it can't be transfered to you until you join the RACQ.

My understanding of the rule is that you MUST be a member to exhibit the dog.

Exhibit = to enter the dog for any canine controlled sanctioned event.

Yes to enter shows, Breed ect you do but not to have a dog put into your name.

I think you should join Dogs SA first and send in the transfer once you are a member :)

I specifically asked DogsSA whether I should do this when I registered Akira, and they said there was no need. They said it's much quicker to send them both in together, which was what I did, and I had back both my membership and Akira's registration on Thursday when I had only sent it on Monday evening. DogsSA have a really quick turnover rate, which is fantastic. :thumbsup:

I think you should join Dogs SA first and send in the transfer once you are a member :)

I specifically asked DogsSA whether I should do this when I registered Akira, and they said there was no need. They said it's much quicker to send them both in together, which was what I did, and I had back both my membership and Akira's registration on Thursday when I had only sent it on Monday evening. DogsSA have a really quick turnover rate, which is fantastic. :thumbsup:

Even better then :)

Edited by Aziah

My understanding of the rule is that you MUST be a member to exhibit the dog.

Exhibit = to enter the dog for any canine controlled sanctioned event.

Yes to enter shows, Breed ect you do but not to have a dog put into your name.

Yes thats what I said you only need to be a member to exhibit. :)

You do not need to be a member to have a dog in your name.

I have sold dogs to Victorians that are not members and the dogs still go into their name.

Am I missing something here. :confused: :D

Can you do that?

In WA you can't become a member (of DogsWest) until you are the owner of a registered dog! Well except for handling memberships and I guess Junior memberships anyway.

mirawee - I think most other states allow membership before dog :)

That makes more sense to me :thumbsup: I have always found it weird that you can't in WA :)

Although I guess it does stop non-dog owners joining and voting at the AGM :laugh:

Can you do that?

In WA you can't become a member (of DogsWest) until you are the owner of a registered dog! Well except for handling memberships and I guess Junior memberships anyway.

Or Associate memberships if you have an non pedigree dog.

In QLD we have non-members (ie puppy buyers who aren't financial members of Dogs QLD, but are still in our system) and financial members.

In WA, Ruby was placed in my name as a pup and it appeared on her CAWA registration papers as me as the registered owner, even had a membership number against my name. I was not a financial member. Then when I did formally join a couple of years later, that number "reserved" for me became mine.

You have to have an Associate registered dog in your name for that too though. Ie have to put in application for both dog and human at the same time ;)

You have to have an Associate registered dog in your name for that too though. Ie have to put in application for both dog and human at the same time ;)

:laugh: Yes but I was answering the part where you said you can't become a member until you register your pedigree dog, and I was just saying that you could still become a member (but an associate member) when you register your associate dog :p

I think I'm just confuzzled laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar