Dogs On Show - Sydney Tomorrow

dancinbcs

The weather could have been better BUT it could have been a lot worse too. :laugh:

I had a lookie at earthdogs. Interesting thou don't know if my chi foxy x would think a rabbit worth the trip. Would be a sport some dogs are a natural at.

Missed any herding if you don't count a cute working type BC trying to herd up dogs with eye alone at the food stand.

I was hoping to look at 2 different breeds in particular and it was very interesting. I think you can learn so much more actually going to a show to ask about breeds/breeders.

I patted my first kelpie puppy! Very cute from Glenrock kelpies. Owner was nice too.

Sorry I missed you Woofen, found the kelpie stall a bit late after you'd taken the pups home. Spoke to Megan at the stand and she was very helpful. Gave her dogs lots of pats, could take Lily home with me.

Not sure how many spectators were there due to the weather but everyone seemed to be having a nice day.

Another brilliantly successful day for Dogs NSW!!! The breed stalls were very well patronised. Lots and Lots of general public having a great time. Congratulations to our hard working Border Collie Club members for working hard on our stall and helping us to win Most Unusual Stall. I think that may have been the guy in the Border Collie costume that was a huge hit with the kids.

Great day, I'd love to see two a year!

Well done to all that manned the stalls, especially the BC one. So who was inside the costume ? Hope someone took some photos.

The weather could have been better BUT it could have been a lot worse too. :laugh:

I had a lookie at earthdogs. Interesting thou don't know if my chi foxy x would think a rabbit worth the trip. Would be a sport some dogs are a natural at.

Missed any herding if you don't count a cute working type BC trying to herd up dogs with eye alone at the food stand.

I was hoping to look at 2 different breeds in particular and it was very interesting. I think you can learn so much more actually going to a show to ask about breeds/breeders.

I patted my first kelpie puppy! Very cute from Glenrock kelpies. Owner was nice too.

Sorry I missed you Woofen, found the kelpie stall a bit late after you'd taken the pups home. Spoke to Megan at the stand and she was very helpful. Gave her dogs lots of pats, could take Lily home with me.

Not sure how many spectators were there due to the weather but everyone seemed to be having a nice day.

You might just have to come to another show to meet the little muffins. They were EXHAUSTED by the time we left- they 'manned' the stand so to speak while all the big dogs were being shown lol. I am glad you had a nice day.

Danois - did you have the gorgeous girl that gave me a kiss? And the 3 stunning black pups? They were beautiful, and I really loved the cuddles...

Was anyone here on DOL the owner of Dammit the huge Rotti boy? He was built for cuddling, and seemed to love it as much as I did... *grin*

I also got to cuddle a Bernese (so soft and friendly), a couple of Wolfhounds (amazingly calm and cuddly), a stunning BC whose butt jumped up and down when you scratched it (hysterically funny party trick), a Toller pup, some Cavalier pups, a Pointer pup, 2 gorgeous Delta long haired Dachshunds, a few stunning Sibes, a couple of Shelties, 2 gorgeous Poodles (the silver standard girl was lovely), a stunning Kelpie pup, and 2 incredible Dingoes...

Me at a dog fair is like letting a kid loose in a candy store... needless to say, I got the third degree from my own pack when I got home... for "cheating" on them with so many other dogs... lol!

I found out something very interesting about Dingoes - they can rotate their front paws to manipulate things. Apparently other domestic dogs can't do that. My Lab girl Trouble does it to open doors... I always thought she might have some Dingo in her mix (she came from a BYB in Moree) - she has a couple of other traits of a Dingo too, but looks 99% Lab.

I agree with those who reckon DogsNSW should have at least 2 of these events every year...

T.

Danois - did you have the gorgeous girl that gave me a kiss? And the 3 stunning black pups? They were beautiful, and I really loved the cuddles...

Was anyone here on DOL the owner of Dammit the huge Rotti boy? He was built for cuddling, and seemed to love it as much as I did... *grin*

I also got to cuddle a Bernese (so soft and friendly), a couple of Wolfhounds (amazingly calm and cuddly), a stunning BC whose butt jumped up and down when you scratched it (hysterically funny party trick), a Toller pup, some Cavalier pups, a Pointer pup, 2 gorgeous Delta long haired Dachshunds, a few stunning Sibes, a couple of Shelties, 2 gorgeous Poodles (the silver standard girl was lovely), a stunning Kelpie pup, and 2 incredible Dingoes...

Me at a dog fair is like letting a kid loose in a candy store... needless to say, I got the third degree from my own pack when I got home... for "cheating" on them with so many other dogs... lol!

I found out something very interesting about Dingoes - they can rotate their front paws to manipulate things. Apparently other domestic dogs can't do that. My Lab girl Trouble does it to open doors... I always thought she might have some Dingo in her mix (she came from a BYB in Moree) - she has a couple of other traits of a Dingo too, but looks 99% Lab.

I agree with those who reckon DogsNSW should have at least 2 of these events every year...

T.

That was UKKO!!!! He is a Nahrof boy that I had out for the day. He is a very popular Delta dog and is amazing with the kids at Westmead Children's Hospital. His owner Deb is amazing and we can't thank her enough for lending him to us for the day!

What a great day put on by Dogs NSW.

My club won the Best Breed Stall with our theme "Dogs are Not Just for Christmas".

The Border Collies were just stunning and had an amazing breed stall, Aussie Cattledogs and Mastiffs were beautiful - just to name a few. So great to see the clubs promoting their breed - a great day out. Good shopping too. :)

We were not there in the end Tdx as the person with all the stuff for the stand and the stand was ill. By your description you met Lauren and those pups and her adult are all under the warpaint prefix.

benshiva - please thank Ukko's mummy for lending him out for the day... he was lapping up the attention and doing his party trick at every opportunity. Certainly put a smile on my dial for a good long while...

Danois - maybe we will meet at the next Dogs on show? Lauren's pups and adult girl were total sweethearts - and I'm sure your furkids are just as cuddly... *grin*

Poor lillypilly was with me yesterday, and she's more of a "small dog person", and was getting narky at me for going to all the large dog stalls and asking for pats and cuddles. The largest dog she cuddled was the smallish silver standard Poodle girl - I think I managed to get her to at least touch the gorgeous wolfhound boy... hehe!

T.

I'll let her know. Ukko inherited the "bum dance" off his mum Hipsu. They are always a crowd favourite, and he has put a smile on more than one sick childs' face when he visits the Childrens Hospital. He's a great dog. But then again, so is his mum. We are very proud of themsmile.gif