Dog Ate A Cardboard Roll

You know the ones that paper towels come on. My lab just ate the whole cardboard roll.

I assume it's nothing to worry about (she's eaten toilet paper rolls before!) but this is a lot bigger so I just wanted to ask if anyone's dog's done the same and what the outcome was.

Looks like she had a lot of fun eating it too.... tiny bits of it everywhere...

Edited by Baby Dragon

Guest english.ivy

My Pointer has eaten lots of those. Though he doesn't get them anymore.

As far as I could tell, no harm came of him eating them.

My GWPs have eaten them with no problems. I don't give them anymore though as I'm not sure about the glue that's used. I could never give my dogs empty boxes to destroy for fun as the old boy would then attempt to eat the whole box.

that is a food group for my rottweiler

and for Bull Terriers, i am lucky if he just gets the cardboard... shit head will try to eat the whole roll of toilet paper if he gets a chance! He can get it off the hanger now!!

and for Bull Terriers, i am lucky if he just gets the cardboard... shit head will try to eat the whole roll of toilet paper if he gets a chance! He can get it off the hanger now!!

I reckon those toilet paper adds teach them how to do that.

I reckon those toilet paper adds teach them how to do that.

this is a dog who has trouble doing anything, for almost 8 years he has slammed his head into the screen door EVEY time he has to go outside, has never understood that I have to open it first... and a dog who took months to learn to drop.. but wow, can he move when the bathroom door is left open!

wish i used it as my complex skill for NDTF, would have been much easier!

Same for my Lab :laugh: Jangels is obessed with tissues too ...... Used or unused he's not fussy :) Never caused any problems

X 3 Have never had to take cardboard blockage out of a dog. If it's been chewed should be all good. :laugh: