Bondi Vet - Saturday 25/06/11

shelby-001

I have seen a grand total of maybe 10 minutes of the show and it's already irritating me.....

Case 1:

Small dog attacked by 'pitbull' (well who identified it really) and they are 'not all bad I'm sure the ones at home are wonderful' s their termperament is a product of how they are brought up, but due to the 'lock' of their jaw they can't be removed, so damage is normally bad..... ggggrrrr!

Case 2:

Small white dog up for adoption, lady adopting it doesn't particularly want it if it has any 'pitbull' in it so Dr Chris is doing a definitive $120 DNA test to ascertain whether it has any 'pitbull' in it. This is after in case 1 they noted that 'temperament' is a product of upbringing.

How is this crap allowed on TV? No wonder the general public have no idea.

RPT

Sorry I don't know what this means?

rpt = repeat

so now we get round 2 of bad public education, not keen on that show at all, never mention desexing these dogs with pup s all the time, but will test a pup for pit , what if it still ends up biting :confused: because the owners don;t train it right

RPT

Sorry I don't know what this means?

rpt = repeat

so now we get round 2 of bad public education, not keen on that show at all, never mention desexing these dogs with pup s all the time, but will test a pup for pit , what if it still ends up biting :confused: because the owners don;t train it right

Oh got it...

I couldn't agree more

The last show I watched was months ago on puppy training - when you bring your pup home put it in the bathroom or laundry at night and let it cry :eek: . No mention of crates at all - most vets love crate-trained dogs I thought :shrug: . Most of his training advice is at least 20 years old :scold:

Edited by gsdog2

I can only think of one use for the vet in this show... and it's not treating my dogs... *grin*

T.

:laugh: Naughty ....

No, there's zip for me that way, I mean I cannot possibley take a man seriously who resembles a cartoon character so much, not to mention the charisma bypass he sees to have going, Mr Bland-man. Mind you I found the ? Bionic Vet was.ummm.....appealing. Maybe cause it's because I'm in my forties and if they haven't got a grey hair, they're not worth looking at...God, I'm getting old.......

LOl...

I'm 37 and i'd say the bionic vet would get my vote any day above the other one !!!!!

Intelligence is sexy after all LOL ..........

I can only think of one use for the vet in this show... and it's not treating my dogs... *grin*

T.

:laugh: Naughty ....

No, there's zip for me that way, I mean I cannot possibley take a man seriously who resembles a cartoon character so much, not to mention the charisma bypass he sees to have going, Mr Bland-man. Mind you I found the ? Bionic Vet was.ummm.....appealing. Maybe cause it's because I'm in my forties and if they haven't got a grey hair, they're not worth looking at...God, I'm getting old.......

Anyone here remember the Chesty Bond adverts? Hehe!!

T.

Heard Bondi vet on the radio the other day and he KNOWS he looks like the Chesty Bonds character :rofl:

Edited by gsdog2

The last show I watched was months ago on puppy training - when you bring your pup home put it in the bathroom or laundry at night and let it cry :eek: . No mention of crates at all - most vets love crate-trained dogs I thought :shrug: . Most of his training advice is at least 20 years old :scold:

I've worked with many vets over the years, and not one has known what crate training was. Even once explined to them I've heard vets advise clients against it. :(

I've worked with many vets over the years, and not one has known what crate training was. Even once explined to them I've heard vets advise clients against it. :(

Oh that's such a shame :( . My sister was telling me she took her new puppy to the vet last week and she proudly told him she was using a crate. He was thrilled - he told her that when a crate trained dog was hospitalised they usually settled quicker than the non-crate trained dogs. And to emphasise the fact he had a dog making a huge racket out the back - probably not crate trained ;)

Oh that's such a shame :( . My sister was telling me she took her new puppy to the vet last week and she proudly told him she was using a crate. He was thrilled - he told her that when a crate trained dog was hospitalised they usually settled quicker than the non-crate trained dogs. And to emphasise the fact he had a dog making a huge racket out the back - probably not crate trained ;)

My vet is a HUGE fan of crate training, makes many situations much easier to handle. Surgery recoveries, resting for repair without surgery etc.....

He really doesn't inspire much confidence does he... but it is all staged/acted and his producers control what gets on the show etc.

I am a client of the "real" vets from Bondi Junction Vet Hospital - I would far prefer to see them on the show as they are all very knowledgeable and fantastic.