Natural Yoghurt For Dogs

How often is good/bad to feed natural yoghurt to a puppy?

At the moment Archer gets a small amount if I happen to be using it for cooking, so pretty randomly but I'm considering giving it to him more regularly...

Hi...what are the benefits of feeding yogurt to dogs?

Specifically, in our dogs' case. The Tibetan Spaniel Network (health) recommends including yoghurt in tibbies' diet, because it was among their staple foods back in Tibet.

But, generally, what jakeyjangels posted.

I use the Jalna with the green top (low fat). I think that you are pretty safe with any Plain yoghurt,yoghurt is pretty low fat anyway. The only thing to watch with the flavoured ones are the sugar content which can be quite high.

I buy either the Jalna with the green lid or another one, depending on which is cheaper at the time. The other one is low fat, natural pot set greek yoghurt with live cultures but can't remember the brand.

The dogs get yoghurt everyday as my foster has to take a tablet twice a day and it's easiest to give it to her in a spoonful of yoghurt and in typical dog fashion, I can't give one dog a spoonful of yoghurt without giving the others some too :laugh: They may get some more with their dinner depending on what they are having.

"natural" doesn't mean anything at all anymore, it's not a reason to choose or avoid a product.

I get paris creek or Margaret river unflavoured yogurts. If I want vanilla I add some vanilla and sugar to it and still come out ahead about 3 teaspoons full of sugar per serve. The margaret river yogurt is much thicker than the paris creek one - don't know why, neither have added thickeners in that I know of.

I used to get the green and white farmers union, but it's more expensive than the other two. Go figure.

The gippsland and the dairy vale seem to be in smaller packets for the same or more money - so I avoid those.

Have been eyeing off the KI sheep yogurt - plain or with honey... cos it's yummy.

I used to get ski flavoured yoghurt but it has way too much sugar in it for me, and not enough fruit, so now I mix my own up. And bonus - the dog gets a couple of spoonfuls, and I can use for savoury things like tandoori mix and curries.

We've just bought an EasiYo kit from Big W. Wow! Makes really nice Greek yogurt and you can add fruit and honey if you like. Dogs love it. I don't know if it's any cheaper, depends on specials and where you shop but it's nice to put it on before you go to bed and wake up to fresh yummy yogurt.

We've just bought an EasiYo kit from Big W. Wow! Makes really nice Greek yogurt and you can add fruit and honey if you like. Dogs love it. I don't know if it's any cheaper, depends on specials and where you shop but it's nice to put it on before you go to bed and wake up to fresh yummy yogurt.

I use the Easiyo as well. The Greek one. Yes, I think it is cheaper. Around $4 or a bit less for a litre.