Daddy Is Off Soon

Guest HarperGD

Guest HarperGD

Harper's dad (my OH of course :D) is off overseas very soon with the army. He'll be gone for about 6 months :(

My question is - would there be much point in my OH sending home a worn shirt every month and me putting it in Harper's bed, just so he doesn't forget his smell?

Will this strategy work??

Ta :)

Edited by HarperGD

Good luck to you and your partner. My OH did a tour overseas last year, it was hard being away from him for so long.

I will be thinking about you, hopefully you have lots of friends to support you while he is away.

Is he away long enough to get ROCL in the middle?

I don't have any idea about the t-shirt thing with Harper but I just wanted to give you my support for a safe trip.

Your little poodle will not forget your partner biggrin.gif

I looked after my bil's cattle dog X for two years when he & his family were posted to the USA for an officer exchange with the Army.

When Doug came back to pickup Subby, she jumped straight back into his car without even a backward glance at myself or my hubby...........so much for a thankyou laugh.gif

aww that must be hard for you and Harper six months away. Is there any visit at all during that time?

and I'm sure that Harper won't forget who Daddy is when he returns :)

Awww that video was so sweet! So cute when she just wanted to be on her daddy's lap!!

Ons from my understanding they only get a break in the middle when they are gone for about 5 months so if Harper's husband is gone for 6 months he should hopefully get it.

When my partner was overseas they were gone for almost 10 months (lucky mine came home 4 months early), if they were there for another 2 weeks they would have been entitled to 2 x 2 week breaks...

Guest HarperGD

Aww thanks so much for all the support guys. Glad to be reassured that Harper won't forget him :)

I think I'll still get OH to do the shirt thing, but yes, I might end up putting them in our bed instead of the dog's bed :laugh:

He doesn't get a break in the middle unfortunately. It's technically only 5 1/2 months so they just have to slug it out. We'll be okay, just gonna be a bit lonely. I have lots of support though, so it will be fine.

It will be funny though cos Harper is so small now and he'll be a lot bigger when OH gets back - he'll be saying goodbye to a puppy and hello to a doggy :D

I'll post more pictures of Harper today. He's at the groomer as we speak getting all puffed and fluffed :) :) :)

EDIT: Oh and that video is amazing - it makes me cry it's so beautiful!

Edited by HarperGD

Aww thanks so much for all the support guys. Glad to be reassured that Harper won't forget him :)

I think I'll still get OH to do the shirt thing, but yes, I might end up putting them in our bed instead of the dog's bed :laugh:

He doesn't get a break in the middle unfortunately. It's technically only 5 1/2 months so they just have to slug it out. We'll be okay, just gonna be a bit lonely. I have lots of support though, so it will be fine.

It will be funny though cos Harper is so small now and he'll be a lot bigger when OH gets back - he'll be saying goodbye to a puppy and hello to a doggy :D

I'll post more pictures of Harper today. He's at the groomer as we speak getting all puffed and fluffed :) :) :)

EDIT: Oh and that video is amazing - it makes me cry it's so beautiful!

Bugger! Stupid army would have done that one purpose too!

Well good luck with anything and I sincerely wish him a safe trip

Guest HarperGD

Yep, oh well, that's the nature of the job I suppose. Just a shame he doesn't work in IT or something :D

Just thought I'd chuck this in: Harper had a groom yesterday :)

He got even more hugs from his dad than normal because he was soooo soft and fluffy :)post-39793-0-96471500-1311017274_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about the quality and the size... I'm not good at this.

Edited by HarperGD