Dogs Home Of Tasmania

It has come to my attention that the Dogs Home Of Tasmania is extremly strapped for funds to feed the dogs they have that

need rehoming. I am trying to get hold of their address and or an account number,

I ask that everyone thinks about making a small donation to help purchase food for these poor dogs.

I believe that the food supply will last till THIS FRIDAY!!!!

I know everyone is doing it hard atm but would you be able to spare ONE DOLLAR (or more...)

I figure if eveyone puts in a dollar we will be able to help these poor dogs through winter.

This is a small organisation that does not have the resorces of the RSPCA ,but do try the best they can with what they have.

If I can get hold of their details I will post them here.

Cheers

Hogz (QLD)

I'm happy to donate. The Mercury also seems to have supported the Dogs Home Of Tasmania in the past. Maybe let them know? They have run stories in the past which have helped rehome a lot of their dogs.

Are you referring to just the Risdon Vale branch? Or are all the branches throughout Tasmania in trouble?

Wow, I live in the north-west of Tassie and haven't heard anything.. Nothing in the paper that I've come across..

Where did you find this out??

I found this post on their site http://dogshomesoftas.com.au/2011/07/yum-yum-food-in-my-tum/ but nothing about them running out of food by Friday.

A bit of drama makes a story more interesting, I suppose. The "dogs will starve on Friday" angle certainly demands a bit more attention than the official "We're running quite short".

Sorry, I thought it was more important to obtain some donations top feed these dogs than to justify the need for the funds by a welfare shelter that relies on public support.

I think your sarcasm is in poor taste personally.

Hogz

Wow, I live in the north-west of Tassie and haven't heard anything.. Nothing in the paper that I've come across..

Where did you find this out??

I found this post on their site http://dogshomesoftas.com.au/2011/07/yum-yum-food-in-my-tum/ but nothing about them running out of food by Friday.

A bit of drama makes a story more interesting, I suppose. The "dogs will starve on Friday" angle certainly demands a bit more attention than the official "We're running quite short".

Then I wonder why it takes someone from Queensland to try to raise funds for a shelter in Tasmania.

However after reading these posts I no longer wonder...

For any one else that may care about about these dogs, I will post the link to the shelter shortly, it also has Paypal

if others wish to help them out. Please add "Food Donation" to the deposit

Cheers

Hogz

I was using sarcasm to match your smugness :)

We donate food each time we are in woolies. The bins there are usually very full so its good to see the public supporting them :)

You're not doing the Shelter any favours Hogwartz. Here's a DOL'er who regularly donates food to them and you're being rude and laying some blame for the Shelters struggle on them.

Bored were we Clyde???

Laying the blame for the shelters struggles on them???

Not possible, they donate everytime they go into wollies.

and the bins there are very full.

The National News says they are in desperate need of food, (but that MUST be a publicity stunt....H's A.)

but Aztec Gold doesnt know about it so feels the need to take the attention away from the original

heart felt request and turn it around to make it all about them. Oh , and then u turn up.

Its this simple, if you dont want to help, dont!

You're not doing the Shelter any favours Hogwartz. Here's a DOL'er who regularly donates food to them and you're being rude and laying some blame for the Shelters struggle on them.

I think Hogwartzboxers has gotten themselves upset because they are trying to help, they are concerned and perceived some comments as unhelpful. Saying they had not heard anything does not mean they doubted what you were saying was true. Saying putting an angle on it doesn't either - but I think someone is a bit sensitive...we all love dogs and we all don't want a shelter to run out of funds. I will donate now. Thanks for letting us know Hogwartzboxers :)

I think Hogwartzboxers has gotten themselves upset because they are trying to help, they are concerned and perceived some comments as unhelpful. Saying they had not heard anything does not mean they doubted what you were saying was true. Saying putting an angle on it doesn't either - but I think someone is a bit sensitive...we all love dogs and we all don't want a shelter to run out of funds. I will donate now. Thanks for letting us know Hogwartzboxers :)

I questioned it because it didn't sound correct.

As far as I've been able to find out, DHT never said they'd run out by Friday and that part was entirely incorrect.

I think DHT do awesome work and I'm always happy to help them, I just think people need to check facts before posting appeals. If anything, statements like "The Dogs Home will run out of food on X day" calls into question their management skills and even the welfare of the animals in their care by suggesting those animals will shortly starve without immediate intervention by the public :mad

Then I wonder why it takes someone from Queensland to try to raise funds for a shelter in Tasmania.

However after reading these posts I no longer wonder...

Totally, because no one down here could possibly be helping in ways you don't know about. :rolleyes:

That is a correct direct quote from the local news on Tasmanian TV. Purhaps you need to complain to them when you get your facts straight?

Getting back to reality.....There HAS been quite a few donations made, including 200kgs of dry food from the Tuckerbox dogfood company so thankyou to them and all others who have donated.

For those who have emailed me asking, no I dont have any ties with the shelter, just a dog lover from Queensland trying to help.

and those emails of support....support the shelter, Im tefflon coated :).

Cheers

Hogz

"I questioned it because it didn't sound correct.

As far as I've been able to find out, DHT never said they'd run out by Friday and that part was entirely incorrect.

I think DHT do awesome work and I'm always happy to help them, I just think people need to check facts before posting appeals. If anything, statements like "The Dogs Home will run out of food on X day" calls into question their management skills and even the welfare of the animals in their care by suggesting those animals will shortly starve without immediate intervention by the public :mad"

That is a correct direct quote from the local news on Tasmanian TV. Purhaps you need to complain to them when you get your facts straight?

A correct direct quote you saw with your own eyes or a correct direct quote that you heard from someone else? (And this is being generous and assuming the media have it correct to start with- after all, they do have a reputation of over-exaggeration and obscenely poor fact checking ;) )

I give up! Whatever!

Hogz

A correct direct quote you saw with your own eyes or a correct direct quote that you heard from someone else? (And this is being generous and assuming the media have it correct to start with- after all, they do have a reputation of over-exaggeration and obscenely poor fact checking ;) )

I have just been informed that the DHOT has been swamped with donations of food and money.

And now in the space of a week the Shelter has enough food to keep them going for 12months, so exellent news!

Congratulations to all who donated! 3 cheers to YOU!

Cheers

Hogz