Drinking Bucket For Newfies

Our two newfies need a big drinking bucket as they destroy the plastic buckets we give them.

Can anyone recommend a type of drinking bucket appropriate for a large breed such as a newfoundland. I haven't been able to find anything appropriate at the pet shop.

Thanks in advance

Buckets

These may work.

Our two newfies need a big drinking bucket as they destroy the plastic buckets we give them.

Can anyone recommend a type of drinking bucket appropriate for a large breed such as a newfoundland. I haven't been able to find anything appropriate at the pet shop.

Thanks in advance

I brought a concrete barrel look planter (which holds about 25 to 30 litres) from a local garden store ... it came with the hole already plugged otherwise I you can just plug it.

The dogs were destroyed all other water bowls and this works brilliantly ... and it keeps the water cooler in summer.

I brought a concrete barrel look planter (which holds about 25 to 30 litres) from a local garden store ... it came with the hole already plugged otherwise I you can just plug it.

The dogs were destroyed all other water bowls and this works brilliantly ... and it keeps the water cooler in summer.

I've got something similar. It's supposed to be a garden water feature bowl :D

Works great

Kmart and ikea have metal tubs used for ice and drinks etc.

Last time I saw them they were $25

They look a little like this

Po0418.jpg

We have these for our dogs, they are great.

Bunnings has them for $13.

And if you've got dogs that like to tip their water over, you can use the handles as tie points to secure them.

We have these for our dogs, they are great.

Bunnings has them for $13.

And if you've got dogs that like to tip their water over, you can use the handles as tie points to secure them.

GREAT idea to tie it down..... (I will steal that one thanks ;) ) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Diesel's Mate

In summer I always have a children's plastic clam shell with water in it. Mine don't tip buckets over but it is good to know they always have water.

I once had a lab who was difficult to keep water available for. I ended up burying a bucket into the ground under the tap. That fixed him but you couldnt use it if you had puppies who could drown in a bucket.

I used concrete laundry tubs (he smashed up one but gave up on the second one) ... until my youngest grew out of the "must destroy water container" stage ... now he just renovates the yard :laugh: