What Is The Best Method To Train Huskies?

Hello, I am new here obviously, but have been reading for a while. I have a 7 month old Husky x(mystery dad). I took her on becuase she was going to drowned (small country towns!!) I am just coming to realise the challenges of her breed/personality.

Those who have owned/trained one, what have you found is the best method:

clicker training, the'one master only', shock collars (I am just asking, please dont jump on me)a combination, making sure they are worn out first/ etc etc

How do you sharpen their responses? Improve off lead obedience?

She is being desexed in 2 weeks, does that chnage them at all? I feel like sh eis just so arrogant/ignorant sometimes, driving me to frustration, but she is the sweestest litle thing.

I am not asking you to train Keira over the net, just some ideas from people with experience

Thank you :)

Edited by Ladyknight

Hi :) You have a breed who is bred to be independent . You have a teenager. You have a mixed breed - so you can not be sure what other traits will pop up ;)

can you put up a photo or two - we may be able to narrow down her ancestry for you?

Is there any chance of you either getting in a trainer.. or attending classes somewhere? That would be great!

As to training methods- there is no 'one size fits all' They all depend on the dog - the handler, and the circumstances.

ALL training involves much work, and hours and hours of practice - not moving on to the next step until the first step is perfect ;)

You may also want to post in the thread full of huskies ..the Spitz Thread CLICK HERE :)

Hi and thanks for the welcome! I dont know how to attach photos, but here are some bad ones off my phone:

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv116/Ladyknight222/P1507_21-05-11.jpg

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv116/Ladyknight222/P150702_21-05-11.jpg

And maybe they will appear??

P1507_21-05-11.jpg

P150702_21-05-11.jpg

Thanks for those thread links anyway- I will definetly pop in and say hello :)

There is no quick answer to your question, it really depends on her temperament and drive, and what you want to achieve with her.

Think about what her favourite reward is, what switches her on the most? Food, tug/toys, praise?

Whereabouts are you based - it may be worth seeing if there is a reputable trainer in your area that you can have a consult with to give you some guidance.