Best In Show

j

Funniest movie, showed it to my mum and sister when they visited recently and they had tearies running down their faces.

For those of you that enjoy this kind of humor try 'Waiting for Guffman' and 'A Mighty Wind', both are by the same guy and have the same actors. 'Spinal Tap' is another good one.

Also for those that have the need for a 'busy bee' I have seen them at Pet Barn!

I was actually very disappointed in the movie. I have seen much funnier things happen at dogs shows than what happened in the movie. They just missed out on so many things about shows that seem bizarre to the general public. It could have been so much better with more research.

I was actually very disappointed in the movie. I have seen much funnier things happen at dogs shows than what happened in the movie. They just missed out on so many things about shows that seem bizarre to the general public. It could have been so much better with more research.

Hi,

That could be a good topic if it hasn't been done before

The film was shot in Canada. I know the lady with the PBGV (who was placed in the Group in the movie). Apparently when they were filming there were some 'precious' handlers who got upset when their dogs didn't win :rofl: Apart from the lead characters (who had handling lessons for the movie) the rest of the handlers are all real and the dogs are all real showdogs - brought in as extras.

Edited to add: This is 'Jak' (BISS Am. Cdn. Nat'l (JHA). Int'l (UCICB) Ch. Amonvhar D'Arryos Weskyuwin) the PBGV in the movie: http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/PBGVFC/amonvhar2.html

Edited by espinay2

The film was shot in Canada. I know the lady with the PBGV (who was placed in the Group in the movie). Apparently when they were filming there were some 'precious' handlers who got upset when their dogs didn't win :rofl:

I heard that when Guest did the Director's commentary on the DVD. He was abused by some little old lady because her dog should have won then spent the rest of her time on set shooting him daggers :rofl: