Bad Dog Food Customer Service

GordonsCorner

I'm wondering if anyone else had the following bad experience with a dog food manufacturing business? As I'm still fairly new this forum, I apologise to the moderator if the following contravenes the rules? If so, please let me know.

Anyway, I've been a BARF patties (dog food) customer for some months now. I bought same from Petbarn stores. BARF is created, manufactured and owned by Vet Dr. Ian Billinghurst. His website has a 'Contact US' form like most sites do, and about a few months ago, I placed a written inquiry and never received a response. I let that go and never gave it a second thought on the fact of a lack of response. I have again inquired through via writing another inquiry related to his supplement product a few days ago, to again, no avail thus far. So I thought I'd phone him today, which I did, on his mobile number as it is advertised on his products. I brought the above to his attention and asked why should I continue to buy his products if he or his business is unwilling to answer inquiries. When I pointed out the latest inquiry I made, he replied, "Oh you're that bloke", which tells me he indeed did receive the inquiry. I replied, "Yeah, I'm that bloke", to which he replied, "I don't give a f***", I said, "Oh

really?" being caught off guard and shocked that I was, of which I couldn't get another word in as he then said, "Why don't you f*** off?" and hung up the phone.

I don't know about what others may think? But is that the new style in winning customers? Maybe it is and I'm just unaware of this. I know my 2 written inquiries were in no way provocative, so I'm flabbergasted as to a so-called Veterinary professional would behave that way?

Anyway, what I found was that he has a supplement product called 'Canine Daily Nutrition' and details can be found by going to barfaustralia.com, and then the 'Learn More' tab, and then 'VNE' selection. This actually takes you to another site which I found is actually based in the USA. Furthermore, the supplement's ingredients list contains menadione, a synthetic version of vitamin K1 and K2, being classed as K3. I don't use this supplement and am skeptical about K3 as it has numerous world wide negative info regarding its possible side effects on our best friends, the dog. It's also banned or use by us humans. What's that say about what effect regarding its toxicity is?

Anyway, someone else pointed this out to me and also showed just how the USA's barfworld.com version of a similar supplement called E-BARF Plus, has different ingredients (All round better), and does not contain K3 in it. This product also has Dr. Billinghurst's name to it.

Why the differences and why the K3? Isn't that a fair question to submit an inquiry form over? And shouldn't a loyal customer expect a reply?

This is what I wrote to someone that I was communicating via email with....."The funny thing is, I don't expect him to just take it out of any future production, just because he received a concerned inquiry over it. It's his choice or the contract manufacturers compiling or extruding the supplement. But if he or a representative doesn't reply in relation to their take on this ingredient, then why should such customer (me) buy any of his products? One can't just rely on their laurels! Especially in today's economy."

And now BARF Australia (The man himself) told me "Who gives a f***", then, "Why don't you f*** off?". Wow, 10 points for the person who guesses if I'll buy any product that has anything to do with him or his businesses, any further? Lol....It's beyond comprehension!

I don't understand the point of buying BARF. Ie if you're going to feed your dog raw food because it's better than the processed stuff full of mystery or inappropriate ingredients - why would you trust what you buy already processed for you? You'd have to mix it up yourself? Yes? No?

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/108351-barf-recipes/

I'd have to know what you wrote in the original inquiries to know if I would understand Billinghurst's reaction. It doesn't make sense on the face of it. Other than if he thinks all his customers are fools from which to part money.

I run a business and yes he should have replied to your email, and should not have used the f word, reading between the lines of your post , he should have been more polite in telling you :)

his reaction does not surprise me, i have had a run in with him years ago about a dog that wasnt well at a kennel i worked at. :mad

Yes - I have heard that he is very difficult to deal with. Yrs ago I tried to by a stack of his books for clients he never replied back to me (several calls and emails) and I asked the Vic distributor ( I used to be a distributor for Dr B) to buy them in for me but I never got them, she was unable to buy them in too. I gave up in the end it was just too hard to buy the books from them so I told people to buy the books at the book shop.

I am now with Big Dog Barf (original manufactures of Dr B's Barf) and they are fantastic to deal with..

Personally I think Billinghurst will destroy his own company if he refuses to learn customer service, he doesn't have to be great - just have manners and treat enquiries with the respect they deserve - after all they are wanting to spend money on his products. A mouthful of abuse and he can get stuffed, hardly an incentive to give him anything again.

I'm wondering if anyone else had the following bad experience with a dog food manufacturing business? As I'm still fairly new this forum, I apologise to the moderator if the following contravenes the rules? If so, please let me know.

Anyway, I've been a BARF patties (dog food) customer for some months now. I bought same from Petbarn stores. BARF is created, manufactured and owned by Vet Dr. Ian Billinghurst. His website has a 'Contact US' form like most sites do, and about a few months ago, I placed a written inquiry and never received a response. I let that go and never gave it a second thought on the fact of a lack of response. I have again inquired through via writing another inquiry related to his supplement product a few days ago, to again, no avail thus far. So I thought I'd phone him today, which I did, on his mobile number as it is advertised on his products. I brought the above to his attention and asked why should I continue to buy his products if he or his business is unwilling to answer inquiries. When I pointed out the latest inquiry I made, he replied, "Oh you're that bloke", which tells me he indeed did receive the inquiry. I replied, "Yeah, I'm that bloke", to which he replied, "I don't give a f***", I said, "Oh

really?" being caught off guard and shocked that I was, of which I couldn't get another word in as he then said, "Why don't you f*** off?" and hung up the phone.

I don't know about what others may think? But is that the new style in winning customers? Maybe it is and I'm just unaware of this. I know my 2 written inquiries were in no way provocative, so I'm flabbergasted as to a so-called Veterinary professional would behave that way?

Anyway, what I found was that he has a supplement product called 'Canine Daily Nutrition' and details can be found by going to barfaustralia.com, and then the 'Learn More' tab, and then 'VNE' selection. This actually takes you to another site which I found is actually based in the USA. Furthermore, the supplement's ingredients list contains menadione, a synthetic version of vitamin K1 and K2, being classed as K3. I don't use this supplement and am skeptical about K3 as it has numerous world wide negative info regarding its possible side effects on our best friends, the dog. It's also banned or use by us humans. What's that say about what effect regarding its toxicity is?

Anyway, someone else pointed this out to me and also showed just how the USA's barfworld.com version of a similar supplement called E-BARF Plus, has different ingredients (All round better), and does not contain K3 in it. This product also has Dr. Billinghurst's name to it.

Why the differences and why the K3? Isn't that a fair question to submit an inquiry form over? And shouldn't a loyal customer expect a reply?

This is what I wrote to someone that I was communicating via email with....."The funny thing is, I don't expect him to just take it out of any future production, just because he received a concerned inquiry over it. It's his choice or the contract manufacturers compiling or extruding the supplement. But if he or a representative doesn't reply in relation to their take on this ingredient, then why should such customer (me) buy any of his products? One can't just rely on their laurels! Especially in today's economy."

And now BARF Australia (The man himself) told me "Who gives a f***", then, "Why don't you f*** off?". Wow, 10 points for the person who guesses if I'll buy any product that has anything to do with him or his businesses, any further? Lol....It's beyond comprehension!

Hi, I've had all my enquiries responded to within a couple of days and I have dealt with personally Ian Billinghurst and have never had any reason to doubt his professionalism and dedication etc and have never had him being offensive or rude in any way whatsoever. I wonder if it was actually him, but either way, customer service should be one of the reasons we purchase a product.