Jake - Little Kelpie Boy

Update.....

Jake is home.. No pain meds... Vet believes diagnosis is : Nutritional Osteomyopathy....

Basicaly he never received important nutrients from mum as a small pup.

He is now on a calcium supplement and Hills science diet with regular but restricted exercise.

He had Calcium needles to promote bone regrowth initially and has minimal swelling in legs & jaw.

Prognosis is still guarded as he may have long term bone issues.

Foer now he is back home & loving it.

Thanks for all the support & fingers crossed he keeps improving.. :crossfingers:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Garnali I would hug you if I was closer!! What wonderful wonderful news! :champagne:

Thankyou for sticking it out with him, dear little soul has been such a battler, Im thrilled to hear he is home and happy. Just too good :party:

Hats off to your vet too for taking on the challenge of trying to help him.

Garnali I have just caught up with this thread. I just want to say :thanks: for doing what you are doing for this little one. What a roller coaster ride it's been for you both. Reading through this thread bought me to tears. I was so afraid as I read through each post...

What a little fighter he is. :thumbsup:

I hope with all my heart he continues to get better. He is the sweetest looking pup, you can see there is something 'special' about him, that's for sure. He is gorgeous.

Great work and like I said, crossing everything here that he continues to win this fight. :crossfingers:

This is a recent pic of Jake & his girlfriend Jill..

She is 2 weeks younger than him but 1kg heavier..

She is a big bruiser with all the other dogs but seems to know Jake is special and cuddles him when he's tired.

It's like his guardian angel taking care of him..

post-39128-0-72778800-1314049359_thumb.jpg

The roller coaster ride is not over... :(

Jake woke this morning in pain again.. Just want to take all his pain away.. It's so hard watching him battle through..

While he keeps trying I have to keep going but just wonder when enough is enough.

Trip to vet today for some pain meds and review. :crossfingers:

Thanks to all for the wonderful support.. It is VERY much appreciated. :thanks:

Oh garnali :( how terribly sad.

You will know in your heart when enough is enough, Jake will help you Im sure. So difficult after all the battles you have faught together.

I will be thinking of you both today, sending strength and hugs :grouphug:

The roller coaster ride is not over... :(

Jake woke this morning in pain again.. Just want to take all his pain away.. It's so hard watching him battle through..

While he keeps trying I have to keep going but just wonder when enough is enough.

Trip to vet today for some pain meds and review. :crossfingers:

Thanks to all for the wonderful support.. It is VERY much appreciated. :thanks:

Keeping you guys in my thoughts Garnali and also keeping everything crossed for the vet visit today. :crossfingers::hug:

Reminds me a little of the situation I was in with Whitey. He fought so hard to live. That's why I contined to fight for him. Sadly it wasn't to be. :( Someone up there had other plans for him.

This little fellow is so lucky to have you fighting for him.

And Caz is right, you'll know in your heart when and if it's time, and he'll let you know too.

Hoping for some good news for the little guy today. :crossfingers:

Jake'resting at home.. has had pain meds this week and just starting to walk again..

Days when I feel like he's had enough he perks up some more and tries again.

I wont give up til he stops trying ... so for now he's eating and drinking well.. just have to wait until legs are strong enough agin and see where we go from there..

Thank you so much for caring it's been a real battle.. :thanks:

Jake'resting at home.. has had pain meds this week and just starting to walk again..

Days when I feel like he's had enough he perks up some more and tries again.

I wont give up til he stops trying ... so for now he's eating and drinking well.. just have to wait until legs are strong enough agin and see where we go from there..

Thank you so much for caring it's been a real battle.. :thanks:

Please pass on some gentle hugs to little Jakey from me. :hug:

You're doing a great job with him Garnali. He's very lucky to have you fighting for him.

Keeping everything crossed for him here. :crossfingers:

AAAWWWWWW Thanks... He is doing really well this week.

Almost have him housetrained now.. He is on restricted exercise and really becoming a boisterous little man.. He claims the house as his own and tells the others off. (possibly a little too spoilt)

I've added some photos... One of him with my old dog Spud (19 years old) lazing in the sun with his SPF 50 t shirt... The other with his girlefriend Jill.. snuggled in the crate together. The last shows his back where he had the calcium needles.. It looks like it mayscar a little still.

Hopeful that he will continue to improve.

Thanks again for keeping him on your mind.. I'm sure he knows.

post-39128-0-65200400-1315458654_thumb.jpg

post-39128-0-38882500-1315458673_thumb.jpg

post-39128-0-94499000-1315458806_thumb.jpg

Jake has hit a flat spot overnight.. Got his meds into him quickly this time so hoping he will be walking again quickly..

Seeems like a fortnightly thing now.. This setback doesnt seem so bad.. He's not making the pain noises and is still bright and chirpy..

I bought him a heated cat bed as he loves to snuggle right into things and complains in the cold..All I can see is this little head peeping out to check on the world. :D

Think this is going to be a long journey but hopefully worth the trip.

Thanks again for all the support and I will keep you updated.