Grain Free Kibble

Guest lavendergirl

Guest lavendergirl

Can anyone recommend a good dry food that does not contain grain or corn? I would like to change from Hills Science to something more natural. I am looking for something that is readily available. I have heard that Canidae is OK but I haven't seen it anywhere for sale?

Thanks

We have recently switched to Holistic Select. Kuma loves it, is eating soooo well on it and is looking good. We bought it from our local PetStock.

Kuma used to be fussy on Advance, and due to some skin issues we have moved to the grain free food. We are happy, he is happy!

I had been using Pookinuk but have had major issues with their delivery people - food was sent out with the driver and not delivered on the 25th. They then lost it. No reply from Pook to a few emails and a call over 4 business days (and a weekend). New bag of food was supposed to be delivered Friday and was marked 'urgent delivery' and delivery people did not deliver it and returned it to depot...

Thank you for letting me know as i was going to use Pookinuk but wont now

Don't let it stop you - I say the issue is the delivery company they use in NSW (Allied Express) and you're in another state.

We have recently switched to Holistic Select. Kuma loves it, is eating soooo well on it and is looking good. We bought it from our local PetStock.

Kuma used to be fussy on Advance, and due to some skin issues we have moved to the grain free food. We are happy, he is happy!

Which of the Holistic Select range is grain free?

I have never had an issue with deliveries in Brisbane. I specify where to leave it (because I am at work) and never had a problem.

I actually had the delivery guy ring me one day ... because I had asked for the food to be put in the back of my brother's vehicle (4X4 with canopy) ... but when he turned up the vehicle wasn't there. I had forgotten my brother was going away ... so he asked if it was ok to leave it with a neighbour or did I want him to come back that evening when I got home.

Edited by Tilly

Guest lavendergirl

Thanks for the replies everyone - I have done a bit of research but find it a tad confusing and very time consuming. Just thought it would save a lot of time to ask Dolers their opinion :)

Cowanbree - I looked at Holistic Select but I think it has beet pulp which is supposed to be bad for tear staining.

Ososwift - Rice is OK - just want to avoid wheat and corn mostly. How easy is Black Hawk to buy?

I use Earthborn Holistic Ocean Fusion ( you can get it from Pookinuk i think) it does have a bit of Barley in it but my dog who cant have any grains is fine on it. Im getting a puppy in a few weeks and am thinking of putting him on the puppy food that they make as i am very happy with this food ( i battle to find kibble for my allergy child)!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone - I have done a bit of research but find it a tad confusing and very time consuming. Just thought it would save a lot of time to ask Dolers their opinion :)

Cowanbree - I looked at Holistic Select but I think it has beet pulp which is supposed to be bad for tear staining.

Ososwift - Rice is OK - just want to avoid wheat and corn mostly. How easy is Black Hawk to buy?

Where abouts are you?? Probably the best bet would be to email Sherel - I will track down her email, and she can tell you who is a distributor close to you.

ETA - here you go :)

Sherel Money

Ph: 0400311139

[email protected]

Edited by OSoSwift

Guest english.ivy

Black Hawk holistic Adult Lamb and rice, rice is a grain of course?

I'm another Black Hawk feeder and my two are going great on it :)

I also did feed Canidae for a little while to fatten up my Pointer, he was fine on that too. Found it expensive and crumbly at the bottom of the bag.

Guest lavendergirl

Where abouts are you?? Probably the best bet would be to email Sherel - I will track down her email, and she can tell you who is a distributor close to you.

ETA - here you go :)

Sherel Money

Ph: 0400311139

[email protected]

Thanks for that - I will look into it. Hard to find one that does not have corn or beet pulp.

Guest lavendergirl

http://www.evopet.com/

This amazing food used to only be available through a certain chain of pet stores until it was recently brought out by P&G. Should be more widely available now or soon - just hope P&G don't change the quality of the food.

Ah this is more like what I was looking for - I particularly like the look of the Herring & Salmon Formula. BW do you know where it is available presently?

http://www.evopet.com/

This amazing food used to only be available through a certain chain of pet stores until it was recently brought out by P&G. Should be more widely available now or soon - just hope P&G don't change the quality of the food.

Ah this is more like what I was looking for - I particularly like the look of the Herring & Salmon Formula. BW do you know where it is available presently?

Unfortunately I know Pets Paradise, Pet Goods Direct & Pets R Fun stock the food (Paradise Retail Holdings group) unfortunately they also sell livestock. Hopefully it you will see it rolled out in many more non-livestock-selling retailers. If you email them, the company should be able to tell you who else is starting to stock it. It really is a great food - I have been to the old manfacturing plant & testing facilities in Nebraska and it was incredible !! I just hope P&G keep the brands integrity.