Sunrise

Teebs

^ Just after Kochie said that he said something about Paris Hilton 'starting the trend'

...of what? Owning a Chihuahua? A seemingly healthy - if somewhat unfotunate - normal sized dog? She didn't own a *teacup*, if memory serves!

Its on now, Kochie just said "where did we go wrong that we are breeding dogs for fashion trends". They are focusing on "teacup chihauhaus (sp?)" in particular.

Did anyone ring up that idiot and tell him that the only teacup is something you pour tea into?

Its on now, Kochie just said "where did we go wrong that we are breeding dogs for fashion trends". They are focusing on "teacup chihauhaus (sp?)" in particular.

Did anyone ring up that idiot and tell him that the only teacup is something you pour tea into?

:laugh:

Unfortunately no distinction between puppy farmers/backyard and ANKC registered breeders given.Vet failed to point out when questioned on the need for regulations that ANKC registered breeders do have COE and these dogs are not being produced by us.

Hopefully ANKC public relations will take this up. If not maybe Chi breeders should try and get a bit of air time for themselves and their breed to point out that 'teacup' anything immediately should alert buyers that it must be a designer dog.

Unfortunately 'teacup' size dogs may be the next trend.They are being mass produced in Russia in many breeds.No doubt in other countries as well and now in Australia.Not good.

in the breeds defence they are mixing oodle dogs with small chihuahuas and they said teacup "dogs" not teacup "chihuahuas" which is what people refer to the really small chis as.

plus, we don't breed for these they are impossible to breed so small :mad you just get them in a litter occassionally in all the years we've bred chis from alot of different bloodlines we've only got 2 like this so reasonably healthy breed.

really pointless story i must say. said nothing about nothing really

Unfortunately no distinction between puppy farmers/backyard and ANKC registered breeders given.Vet failed to point out when questioned on the need for regulations that ANKC registered breeders do have COE and these dogs are not being produced by us.

Hopefully ANKC public relations will take this up. If not maybe Chi breeders should try and get a bit of air time for themselves and their breed to point out that 'teacup' anything immediately should alert buyers that it must be a designer dog.

Unfortunately 'teacup' size dogs may be the next trend.They are being mass produced in Russia in many breeds.No doubt in other countries as well and now in Australia.Not good.

i just wish they'd stop this onslaught of ridiculous money making schemes and fashions. that "dog" would have been a puppy not an adult and many buy pups and sell pups and quote they are teacups when infact they will grow up and be normal sized adults. :laugh:

on facebook i see many months ago they had pictures from some coffee place of little puppy chihuahuas in mugs calling them teacup chihuahuas and i said no they are chihuahua mugs.....grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

they said should we be breeding dogs this small? maybe they should have suggested we should all stop breeding dogs altogether will that make everyone happy :mad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im doing alot of growling here.

really pointless story i must say. said nothing about nothing really

If you look at it from the POV of someone who knows nothing about dogs, sees a cute small fluffy thing and is told it is a teacup whatever then this segment would have atleast made them understand that teacup = unhealthy and hopefully encourage them not to buy one which has to be a good thing.

In another thread it was pointed out that there was an advertisment for Teacup puppies here on DOL (It is now removed)

in the breeds defence they are mixing oodle dogs with small chihuahuas and they said teacup "dogs" not teacup "chihuahuas" which is what people refer to the really small chis as.

I wasnt commenting on chis. I was commenting on morons who call runts 'teacups'. They're not frigging teacups - they're undersized dogs. I have a runt and I'm sick to death of how many times people in the street have told me what a lovely teacup I have. My bloody teacups are in the kitchen, not on lead in the street.

Edited by raz