Supportng The Family Who Lost Their Child In Fatal Dog Attack

~Shepherd~

It's sad that there are no signs of collections being taken. . . . you even have to search to find the names of the victim and her mother.

I just sent the followint to the the Sudanese Cultural Centre in Melbourne via form mail:

I don't know if you are in a position to facilitate. There is much anguish about the recent killing of Ayen Chol, and a number of people would like to make financial donations. We can't find a collection fund. If there is one, could you please provide contacts. Thank you.

I'll report back if I get a reply.

Their website is

http://www.sudanesecentre.org.au

I'm in the US so phoning is difficult . . . someone might want to phone cause sometimes such things get difficult via email. Eg, I think there are splits in the Sudanese community and this organisation may not be in the same group as Jackline Anchito and her family.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a nice thought Chewy, I know how much you helped with the fires in Vic, you do have a big heart. I understand the arguments too about questioning of putting it under the dogzonline umbrella and if that is appropriate. A very delicate situation.

Does sound like adding on to an existing fundraiser might be the way to go, if anyone has a link.

Guest lavendergirl

Now I am even more confused :confused:. There are people who have expressed interest in donating here on this thread.

If the donation from the forum community is not going to go ahead then could some one post a link to an alternative method to donate? that way those who decided to donate can still do so.

They have, and I was prepared to set something up, but some individuals are determined to make sure it becomes a negative exercise. I have been trying to google other means of donating. If anyone can come with any good ideas or want to collect the funds for "this community" let me know. I dont have the energy for further negativity surrounding this.

Thanks for starting this thread in an effort to focus on the real issue - totally understand your not wanting it to descend into the hysteria being generated on the other thread.

Donations can be made to the Commonwealth Bank, BSB 063-168, account number 10812802.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/child-killed-in-dog-attack-at-st-albans/story-fn7x8me2-1226117746965

I don't like how that have summarized where dangerous dogs are in vic at the bottom of the page nor used a pic of a mean pitty

but the do have info just a bit back about donations for the little girls family

Prob best to ring comm bank to confirm they are taking the donations and that those are the right details before going ahead. Just in case.

Edited by Angeluca

A diverse range of community groups offering support in my eyes is better than just a couple. Go and pluck your eyebrows or something.

What a unit, why not be happy with the joy of giving quietly and anonymously , or would you like to bask in the glory of generosity, would you like updates on what your particular donation was spent on?

Thanks for the bank info Austen.

Edited by Mervin

Oh but that money won't have "organised by Chewie, she who feels the need to say rude things than actually argue a valid point"

Sadly, that was my first thought when I read her reply.

Also, love how this thread has already gone from helping a family to being all about Squid. What a surprise :rolleyes:

Don't think it's appropriate and don't honestly think the parents would be in any frame of mind to appreciate or even process the fact that a donation would show that not all dog owners are bad.

Did you read the mother's comments about the dog who killed her child? If she's able to feel something for the animal that did this to her family, I'm sure she's capable of processing the fact that maybe other dog owners aren't irresponsible morons and do want to help her and her family cope through this.

Even if she doesn't, what the hell does that even matter? Donations should be to help her family, not push an agenda.

"

Exactly, that's why it doesn't matter where donations come from. - as I mentioned in the rest of the quote ( which you haven't included) . So sad to see this thread becoming a" he said, she said" - I think some of you seem to have a bit too much time on your hands if you don't have anything more useful to do than bickering/ picking fights with one another. Just give it a rest. (and this shall be my last comment on the matter.)

It doesn't matter where donations come from, but it does matter where they go. I can't find any guarantees that either of the funds listed will actually deliver money to the family, and both are associated with some ferociously anti pit bull text.

I'd be happy to say its not even from a dog community. Whatever would cause the least amount of stress, and it doesnt have to be instant. Money would be good. How would we go about collecting?

I WAS PLANNING ON MAKING IT A QUIET NON INTRUSIVE DONATION FROM A COMMUNITY GROUP. NEVER WAS IT ABOUT A DOG GROUP OR USING TROYS NAME. IT WAS ABOUT GETTING A NICE AMOUNT OF MONEY TOGETHER TO GIVE TO A FAMILY WHO HAVE BEEN TO HELL AND BACK. I have used other means of donating, as I said if anyone else wants to set something up from the interest in this thread please do so.

I'd be happy to say its not even from a dog community. Whatever would cause the least amount of stress, and it doesnt have to be instant. Money would be good. How would we go about collecting?

I WAS PLANNING ON MAKING IT A QUIET NON INTRUSIVE DONATION FROM A COMMUNITY GROUP. NEVER WAS IT ABOUT A DOG GROUP OR USING TROYS NAME. IT WAS ABOUT GETTING A NICE AMOUNT OF MONEY TOGETHER TO GIVE TO A FAMILY WHO HAVE BEEN TO HELL AND BACK. I have used other means of donating, as I said if anyone else wants to set something up from the interest in this thread please do so.

Chill sweetie chill.

A diverse range of community groups offering support in my eyes is better than just a couple. Go and pluck your eyebrows or something.

What a unit, why not be happy with the joy of giving quietly and anonymously , or would you like to bask in the glory of generosity, would you like updates on what your particular donation was spent on?

?????????????????????????

I know I said I wasn't going to say anything further but I don't know what this means either? I didn't say anything about bank info to anyone? Megz - haven't seen any useful comments you have made, apart from making sarcastic comments about other people. There are a lot more important things in life then trying to score points off other people.

I know I said I wasn't going to say anything further but I don't know what this means either? I didn't say anything about bank info to anyone? Megz - haven't seen any useful comments you have made, apart from making sarcastic comments about other people. There are a lot more important things in life then trying to score points off other people.

Sorry ,I meant to say thank you Angeluc, who gave the commonwealth bank details at the top of the page. As for the sarcastic comments,well I was just giving my opinion and also i could pass up the opportunity to give this Chewbacca a bit of stick as I have seen him/her give it to others on this forum at various times , you might not think I have said anything relevant but I do.

Edited by Mervin