Good Pet Supply Website, Australia Based That Delivers To Wa

Guest english.ivy

I use a courier to get my Black Hawk dry food from Wendy in Southern River, to the northern burbs and it only costs me $6 per 20kg bag. If you're interested I can give you Wendys phone number and I'm sure she'd ask the courier :)

One suggestion would be if the dog is due to be vaccinated get it done before you head to Karratha & maybe consider the 3 yearly,the vacc prices up there are bad.

I would also stock up on Heartworm meds & tick meds before you get there,perfect weather for heartworm & they have brown dog ticks up there often in plague form .

Not sure what you feed & what your happy to adapt to

:D Hi Koda, and welcome to remote WA. I live about 5 hours down the road from Karratha and find shopping on line for meds and treats is really easy, lots of bargains to be had!

I think you feed some raw so you will be fine with Coles and Woolies and there is a Leonards chicken too, lucky you! Heartworm treatment is a must, I use monthly tablets, but that is your personal choice, the tabs cover fleas and ticks too.

We only have one supermarket here (IGA) but we have lots of freezer room and generally do shopping trips to Perth or Geraldton a couple of times a year and stock up big on offal and bones in particular, it sometimes seems we bring back more for the dog than for the humans :) The one thing we do have in abundance locally is fish, works for me as well as the dog! We have a friend who does feed kibble as well as raw and we bring a couple of large bags back from our shopping trips for him too he stores it in a large sealable bin (gotta watch the weavels)

Yes the vet can be expensive, but i figure it is just another price to pay for living in paradise ;)

I hope you enjoy karratha, it is a beautiful area to explore, and great if you love the beach, fishing, diving, boating like my dog does :laugh:

Hi, can't feed blackhawke as it's lamb based....doesn't work for Koda. We currently feed supercoat sensative as it's been the only kibble that she tolerates so far....proplan, artemis etc gave her the runs and a vet trip. We do feed raw as well. Yes I was glad to see Leonards had recently opened up as she is good on chicken and chick frames. She will be due to be vacc before we go so we will be doing that here. Good tip to perhaps buy up on the heartworm combos too. I know at the very least coles stocks the supercoat Sensative. She's good on fresh salmon so other fish should be fine too.

Yeah it seems all prices are bad over there....and they say sydney is expensive....lol....no we are looking forward to it and getting back into fishing and camping. Is there any concern with the brown tick besides being annoying....nothing to worry about otherwise are they?

Don't know what their delivery charges for Karratha are but there's petsplus.com.au and vetnpetdirect.com.au. Or of course, eBay :) You may also be able to shop online from PetStock and they may ship your order - don't know that one.

Yeah brown ticks are a nuicance more than anything, have never seen one on mine, but then she is in the ocean most days so probably drowns them before they get hold ;) But I do remember a friends very old dog that was covered in them constantly and they seemed to suck all her vitality out poor thing. We have the yard treated yearly for whiteants and all sorts of other bugs and guess it keeps them away, and she doesnt get to go bush often.

Funnily enough we had friends stay here a couple of months ago from Sydney and they thought prices were pretty reasonable, cheaper in some cases, except for beer and soft drinks anyway. I must admit I do shop online a lot, some companies have good postal rates, others can be outrageous, its a case of learning to anticipate future needs as nothing gets here very quickly :)

Just recently I have been getting my medications from here http://www.petproductsontheweb.com.au Good prices, FREE POSTAGE, quick delivery and long dates on the items I have purchased.

Thanks Tobster, will keep it in my favourites for future reference.

Thanks everyone will check out the deal with 3yr vaccines and the sites. I most likely will buy 12 months worth of heart worming products before we go as well.