Dogsnsw Spring Fair - Can Members Of The Public Go?

Katdogs

Just wondering if general members of the public can go to the Spring Fair this weekend at Erskine Park?

There's nothing on the website to say so, but I'd like to come along for a wander around on Sunday if I'm allowed.

Is there food available? I presume I can't bring my dogs, but is it worth bringing some family and having a picnic and seeing what goes on?

Are many DOLers going to be there?

Yes you can come visit- there are LOTS of DOLers that will be on the grounds. There are two food vendors, although I think there are usually some extra set up on the day as well. They generally have 10 or so stalls with doggie stuff for sale.

I don't have a problem with well behaved dogs with responsible owners attending- i.e. dogs that are healthy, are kept on a lead and don't visit the show dogs (particularly the fluffies as they are about to enter the ring!) lol.

There will be over 1000 dogs there each day so if you are interested in different breeds, want to see some really nice dogs or come and giggle at some of the antics then yup it is worth a visit :)

Any member of the public can attend but it will be really crowded. If you want to be able to sit down you need to take a folding chair and try to find a spot to put it. This is one show I would not take un-entered dogs to due to the lack of space. Regular shows are not a problem but this one is huge and just walking around the grounds, dodging people, dogs and crates can be a bit challenging. All the stalls take up a lot of the areas normally used for exhibitors to set up so that compounds the space problem.

The breed entries are:

Friday 1354

Saturday 1640

Sunday 1822

For more info see here Spring Fair 2011

Of course public is welcome, the more "audience" the better the show IMHO. Im showing on a Sunday, havent been in the ring since Easter - scary stuff :o

:o I couldn't see anything about the public anywhere on the DogsNSW or Spring Fair website, that's why I thought maybe it was a bit closed off.

Good luck Mon, I hope to see you there!

I might also ask my neighbour if she's taking her beautiful Stafford boy to get his last few points for Champion :D

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I'll bring chairs and possibly not the dogs - although Stevie's pretty stable with all situations, Jodie's turning into a grumpy old woman.

I was thinking I'd head across for a wander round, are the breeds on specific days or are there classes for all breeds on all days, the schedule is a wee bit confusing to me. Particularly wanting to see the schnauzers!

Three all breeds shows on the tope rings and GSD specialty show down on GSD rings.

Katdog- try and locate a DOLer, then you can leave your chairs, have a look around and then come back, sit down and watch some of rings being judged.