Saving Pepsy

Guest lavendergirl

It's sad to think that this lovely little dog was probably breed for a pet shop out of unhealth tested parents.

The odds are stacked against these poor little DD SWF's when it comes to health issues.

Poor unsuspecting owners are often caught between a rock and a hard place in these cases.

Just love the way it says Pepsy is a Poodle on the Channel 9 page but if you go to the save Pepsy website she's listed as a 3/4 Bichon 1/4 Toy Poodle.

Any Poodle breeder delighted to be slated like that?

Where did this dog come from. If the problem was found when she was having a puppy vaccination I can only assume they could still remember where they'd got her from - do the consumer laws not apply to anyone except ethical breeders? Was there any mention on the TV programme about a pet shop or "breeder" refusing to take responsibility?

Edited by Sandra777

How typical of the kind of shit that comes out of trash journalism. Is that supposed to be promoting responsible pet ownership, vet fees that supposedly cost the same as a house or crazy dog people? I had a look at some of the comments, saw this one and just thought - well there ya go. Nice one, ACA :rofl:

its funny how her house went up for sale over 18 months ago 12 months before she even got the dog

She had some sort of congenital heart problem, can't remember the name,some sort of blockage/artery issue meaning the heart was working over time, happened to catch it as I was on my way out the door. The op was $5000 and the lady is a pensioner who didn't have any savings.

ETA found it on the site it is, Patent Ductus Arteriosus.

Edited by Quickasyoucan

The op was $5000 and the lady is a pensioner who didn't have any savings.

Now she's homeless.

But as it turned out, the house was on the market for 18 months so it's all a huge beat up anyway. Her selling the house probably had absolutely nothing to do with the dog. Woman sells house for way undervalued house to save fluffy. Seriously - give me a break.

Why didn't she tell me she wanted to sell her house for $5000?? :laugh:

Bizarrely that site also has an online shop selling dog products?

Is there more to this "pensioner" than meets the eye?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: This gets better and better

Although I guess it did count as the warm fuzzy dog story to counter act the not so warm fuzzy dog stories we have been hearing lately.

No it didnt. It just makes people scared of vet bills or worse, people who will undersell their house for a vet bill when they listed it for sale before they even bought the dog. Ridiculous reporting! Is ACA so desparate for stupid stories they have to make shit up? Oh yeah sorry - that's what they do.

Oh come on- it was totally 'warm fuzzy' didn't you listen to the background song which conjures up images of 'a woman and her dog being friends for life' :laugh:

:rofl: Oops my bad. I really should turn on the speakers when I watch a linky to ACA but I just cant bring myself to do that. I'd much rather see why it took her 18 months to sell her house

Oh come on- it was totally 'warm fuzzy' didn't you listen to the background song which conjures up images of 'a woman and her dog being friends for life' :laugh:

:rofl: Oops my bad. I really should turn on the speakers when I watch a linky to ACA but I just cant bring myself to do that. I'd much rather see why it took her 18 months to sell her house

The heart-warming music ( ripped straight out of a lovable cartoon trilogy) is what sets ACA apart from Today Tonight sheesh- give ACA some credit--they are after all 'serious journalists' :rofl:

The heart-warming music ( ripped straight out of a lovable cartoon trilogy) is what sets ACA apart from Today Tonight sheesh- give ACA some credit--they are after all 'serious journalists' :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: OK going back for another look...with volume

Can't make heads nor tails of it? 5k op, so she sells the house foe 5k, house on market before dog was in the picture? HUH?!? I iz confuzled. :confused:

I'm pretty sure she didn't sell the house for $5000. She sold it about $40K under market value so she could make a quick sale.

She is now living with her mum and there are three little dogs in the household now.

The disease cause the dogs heart to become dangerously enlarged.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: OK going back for another look...with volume

That will only reinforced why you tend to leave the volume off. ;)