Canidae Grain Free All Life Stages

I am feeding the PureSea (was Salmon Grain Free) ... the boys absolutely love it and are doing very well on it.

My boys go crazy over it ... never seen them this excited about dry food before ... :)

Most petfood companies have been sued at one time or another for some reason. Seems that one goes back a couple of years now anyway.

Having read a couple of your posts now - best advice I have for you is relax!! It is dog food - it is widely fed and there seems to be no issues anymore. I think you're getting overly wound up when its not necessary (and this is coming from someone who's cat was poisoned by Orijien).

If you are so concerned about dry food then feed a raw diet as that way you control it (once you get the ingredients anyway).

I feed the grain free ALS along with Raw on the advice of my dog's breeder, so about 50/50. My dog does really well on it, I previously tried another dry food with bad results, back to Canidae with no problems :)

Haven't heard anything about a law suite, but then again I haven't ever searched for that kind of history

Ours are on the salmon one. I didn't know anything about the poisoning. They're doing fine on it. I think there's more pooh than when they were on Advance though.

I haven't been able to find anything clear or even factual about the lawsuit. Sounds like it was just a negtive rumour going around, possibly sparked by Canidae changing some of their recipes. But it looks like that all happened in 2009...and everything seems to have calmed down now.

Edited by littlesquashyguys

I feed the grain free ALS along with Raw on the advice of my dog's breeder, so about 50/50. My dog does really well on it, I previously tried another dry food with bad results, back to Canidae with no problems :)

Haven't heard anything about a law suite, but then again I haven't ever searched for that kind of history

I give Grover a chicken wing on the weekends, and lean lamb bones (as well as dry food, of course) during the week. For more than 2 years I fed him completely raw. I think it gave him a great start to life, and it's the reason why he's so healthy.

I'm not going to go in to the raw vs. kibble debate on here. I think you have to feed your dog what works best for the both of you. And right now I'm happy with kibble and raw meaty bones...and the occasional healthy titbits.

I've stopped giving Grover supermarket treats because at one stage he was 12.5 kilos! 11 kilos is his ideal weight because he's a large Arnie Schwarzenegger type Pug LOL. He's now 11.5 kilos - just 500 grams to go : )

Howard didn't like it. :rolleyes:

The law suit as I recall related to a change in forumla some years back.

Most of the premium dog food companies will send out samples if you want to try their foods. It sure saved me a fortune when the Whippet or the poodles turned up their noses at quite a few brands.

I have used ALS and ALS Grain Free for a while now and am extremely impressed with it. The law suit was to do with an unadvertised change in formula that made a number of dogs sick in the stomach. From memory the change in formula happened when the company that produced the food changed hands and people thought that they were using lower standard ingredients. I started using the food post change and have no complaints with it. The only food I would consider changing to is Taste Of The Wild if it became available in Australia.

I give Grover a chicken wing on the weekends, and lean lamb bones (as well as dry food, of course) during the week. For more than 2 years I fed him completely raw. I think it gave him a great start to life, and it's the reason why he's so healthy.

I'm not going to go in to the raw vs. kibble debate on here. I think you have to feed your dog what works best for the both of you. And right now I'm happy with kibble and raw meaty bones...and the occasional healthy titbits.

I've stopped giving Grover supermarket treats because at one stage he was 12.5 kilos! 11 kilos is his ideal weight because he's a large Arnie Schwarzenegger type Pug LOL. He's now 11.5 kilos - just 500 grams to go : )

I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound judgmental :confused: , I just meant that yes I feed canidae but I don't have experience with using it as 100% of my dog's diet.

By the way I love the name Grover for a Pug!

I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound judgmental :confused: , I just meant that yes I feed canidae but I don't have experience with using it as 100% of my dog's diet.

By the way I love the name Grover for a Pug!

Hi PennyGB,

No, you didn't sound judgemental at all : )

I thought I'd let people know that I'm not interested in talking about the raw vs. kibble thing (but if other people want to then go for it). I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was directing that part of my post at you. It gets a bit confusing with all the quotes!

Howard didn't like it. :rolleyes:

The law suit as I recall related to a change in forumla some years back.

Most of the premium dog food companies will send out samples if you want to try their foods. It sure saved me a fortune when the Whippet or the poodles turned up their noses at quite a few brands.

Good thinking, poodlefan!

Howard is a great name for a poodle. I don't even know him but he sounds hilarious already.