Pitbull Terriers Won't Be Banned From The Suburbs Of Moreton Bay R

GeckoTree

i might just report it to have it checked up on. I'm allowed to feel safe in my neighbourhood.

Report it for what exactly? Guys getting together in their own backyard while a dog chomps on a bone, or were they selling crystal meth, flogging the dog and slaughtering baby animals to throw on the bbq?

Good grief when did Australia become such a dobber nation?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh lordy, if Donnatella walked passed my yard when I was playing tug or frisbee with my Chix, I may just be in trouble. She is a very vocal and drivey dog and I get caught up in the excitement. Sorry, go and report owners who are actually breaking the law.

Cant you just imagine the dob in a pitbull hotline. Calls will go something like this

Caller:I want to report a pitbull looking dog

Operator: what did the dog look like?

Caller: not sure because it was mauling a bone

Operator: what makes you think it's a pitbull

Caller: the guys in the backyard were wearing hoodies

Guest donatella

Cant you just imagine the dob in a pitbull hotline. Calls will go something like this

Caller:I want to report a pitbull looking dog

Operator: what did the dog look like?

Caller: not sure because it was mauling a bone

Operator: what makes you think it's a pitbull

Caller: the guys in the backyard were wearing hoodies

no point in reporting when pit bulls are actually allowed in the Moreton Bay area, but way to over exaggerate :laugh:

no point in reporting when pit bulls are actually allowed in the Moreton Bay area, but way to over exaggerate :laugh:

My question was directed at your comment that you wanted to report the dero's you saw. What are you going to dob them in for?

Guest donatella

My question was directed at your comment that you wanted to report the dero's you saw. What are you going to dob them in for?

its not going to happen, this was before i was aware that its legal to house your dangerous dog in a cage separate to your backyard. i hope its being treated well is all i can say.

i hope its being treated well is all i can say.

What's to say it isnt? The owner is obviously abiding by the legislation. Just because he and his friends werent wearing designer jeans and RM Williams, drinking Dom and throwing wagyu on the BBQ doesnt mean they're not a good owner. You were extremely judgmental and the real worry at the moment with all of this kind of hysteria is people just like yourself will have a kneejerk reaction and dob people in who arent doing anything wrong.

Guest donatella

What's to say it isnt? The owner is obviously abiding by the legislation. Just because he and his friends werent wearing designer jeans and RM Williams, drinking Dom and throwing wagyu on the BBQ doesnt mean they're not a good owner. You were extremely judgmental and the real worry at the moment with all of this kind of hysteria is people just like yourself will have a kneejerk reaction and dob people in who arent doing anything wrong.

my main worry and suspicion is that they are using to dog for fighting. i'm doing some research on it now and the equipment in the dogs pen seems to match what people use to train their fighters with (ie what i now know as a spring pole which is what the dog was jumping at from the roof and they use this to strengthen the dogs jaw muscles). all i'm saying is the situation looked suss, a gut instinct, i'm not one to pry into others business but i got a bad feeling, and i could be 100% wrong. i dont care what people do with their pit bulls and i have no problem with any dog breed, i love all animals big and small but if i saw that someone was using the dog for fighting purposes this is clearly animal abuse and i could not stand back and watch that happen.

I didnt say it doesnt happen. Cooking meth is illegal and I'm sure it's done but you're not going to see meth being cooked by sticking your head over a neighbour's fence to look into their yard either.

If the hoodie wearers are doing something illegal, do you really think they'd be dumb enough to do it in full view of nosey neighbours?

Edited by raz

Guest donatella

I didnt say it doesnt happen. Cooking meth is illegal and I'm sure it's done but you're not going to see meth being cooked by sticking your head over a neighbour's fence to look into their yard either.

If the hoodie wearers are doing something illegal, do you really think they'd be dumb enough to do it in full view of nosey neighbours?

you said "its legal here i doubt its dog fighting", hence my comment on illegal activities.

i was walking my dogs, they didnt have neighbours, a spare block of land on one side and bush in front of them. if they are innocent parties and doing the right thing (which i have already learnt they have been with the dog sign and containing their dog in another pen) then they have nothing to worry about do they.

Guest donatella

you said "its legal here i doubt its dog fighting", hence my comment on illegal activities.

i was walking my dogs, they didnt have neighbours, a spare block of land on one side and bush in front of them. if they are innocent parties and doing the right thing (which i have already learnt they have been with the dog sign and containing their dog in another pen) then they have nothing to worry about do they.

Guest donatella

anyway they could be using the spring pole as a fun toy

Gee I see you're finally getting it.

if they are innocent they have nothing to worry about and i have learnt new things about pit bull ownership, win win, calm down love.

Guest donatella

you said "its legal here i doubt its dog fighting",

What??? Please learn to read.

Thankyou

ahem, your words exactly:

Dog fighting is illegal here so you're not going to see someone using their dog for fighting

my main worry and suspicion is that they are using to dog for fighting. i'm doing some research on it now and the equipment in the dogs pen seems to match what people use to train their fighters with (ie what i now know as a spring pole which is what the dog was jumping at from the roof and they use this to strengthen the dogs jaw muscles). all i'm saying is the situation looked suss, a gut instinct, i'm not one to pry into others business but i got a bad feeling, and i could be 100% wrong. i dont care what people do with their pit bulls and i have no problem with any dog breed, i love all animals big and small but if i saw that someone was using the dog for fighting purposes this is clearly animal abuse and i could not stand back and watch that happen.

oh my dear god. I have a spring/flirt pole and a treadmill.

They are used as a form of entertainment and exercise for the dogs. If you were housing a restricted breed, according the legislation, then you have very limited opportunities to provide exercise and enrichment off lead.

So now it's a " fighting dog " ?

I can tell you now, if they were training a dog for fighting and were intent on using it, they wouldn't be doing it out in the back yard, in view of the street.

you said "its legal here i doubt its dog fighting",

What??? Please learn to read.

Thankyou

ahem, your words exactly:

Dog fighting is illegal here so you're not going to see someone using their dog for fighting

It's pretty simple and straightforward, and totally different to what you said I posted.