Pics From My New Canon Slr

BC Love

I got my Canon 600D last week - my first SLR yay!!!

Here are a few pics - I welcome any advice on how to better my photos...Im totally clueless lol!!

Spotto :

1stbatchoffdslr607-1.jpg

Horton :

1stbatchoffdslr616-1.jpg

Roy :

1stbatchoffdslr563-1.jpg

Roy cinnamon dounut style :) :

1stbatchoffdslr679-1.jpg

H :

1stbatchoffdslr675-1.jpg

A little unhappy :

1stbatchoffdslr115-1.jpg

Sand play :

1stbatchoffdslr505-1.jpg

:) Nice captures!

When photographing people/animals, I find the most important thing to remember is to ...... always focus on the eyes :)

Thanks Persephone - quick question, how does one focus on the eyes (sorry - total newby here :laugh: )

Nice first shots, well done :thumbsup:

When you look through your view finder you will see a focal point (Have a look in your manual, you will have more than one focal point and it should have a picture of them) Put the focal point over the subjects eye when you take a picture and press your shutter button enough to focus, but not all the way down.....whilst still holding the shutter button half way down you can then re-compose your shot if needed.

Hope that makes sense, I'm never very good at explaining things :o:laugh:

Thanks for the focus tips!!! I know the dots you are talking about - will have a play today :)

Naomi - I bought the 600D with the lens kit, Spotto was taken using the smaller of the 2 len's. I think OH is taking me/us shopping tomorrow to look at the 50mm 1.8 (or maybe 1.4) - I think that lens is awesome and would suit what I like taking pics of :)

When you look thru the viewfinder to focus .. make sure the little dots that light up are on the eye/s :)

have a read of the bits which interest you HERE and more on focussing HERE :) You're doing very well !

Thanks Persephone - have bookmarked links :) they look awesome!

They are really cool photos :) Well done!

Oh and...

"I think OH is taking me/us shopping tomorrow to look at the 50mm 1.8 (or maybe 1.4) - I think that lens is awesome and would suit what I like taking pics of."

I'm a bit jealous. lol A lovely OH you have there ;)

No advice because I'm a photography newbie myself (:D) but beautiful pics! :thumbsup:

Yay, another newbie :D and thankyou.

They are really cool photos :) Well done!

Oh and...

"I think OH is taking me/us shopping tomorrow to look at the 50mm 1.8 (or maybe 1.4) - I think that lens is awesome and would suit what I like taking pics of."

I'm a bit jealous. lol A lovely OH you have there ;)

He is lovely!! Still trying to work out what lens to get - there is a massive difference in price between the two :eek: