Hydrobaths

Skitch

A new heated twin tub is ~$2500+ (~$2700), so I think you could expect to pay ~$1000 - $1500 for a heated twin tub in good condition - more if in really good condition and hardly used (private home and not a business). Ring the manufacture and ask for prices so you know what to expect to pay if buying a new one and when you go to see secondhand baths you can always make an offer if you think their asking price is too high. If you can get a good twin tub for under $1000 - bargain :thumbsup: .

I have a Liberty twin tub and love it. I bought it ~10 yrs ago and it has never been a problem. Original heating elements and pump still working as good as new. The only repair it's had was for a cracked drain pipe, I removed the bath from the trailer to clean the trailer out and didn't secure the bath properly and it fell over. It needs doing again now after many years but since I am no longer mobile I just use towels, it's not bad. Will have it fixed again one day.

Good luck.

Edited by Andisa

I brought a single tub with a heater for $600 about eight years ago and it has been worth its weight in gold. I don't need a double tank or the heater because we had a plumber pipe hot water to right beside my hydro bath. I found mine advertised in the local paper.

When I was intending to sell mine a year ago, I asked the salesperson on the Fidos Hydrobath Stand at a pet expo what I should ask. They said in good nick and including delivery in Melbourne area I should ask around $1800 . (That's for the twin tank with heater, and a bright red with black flecks paint job, not boring blue).

Anyway I decided to keep it after all, and it is now packed for the move to Shelbourne/Bendigo next week. Probably a good decision in retrospect as we will be on tank water there, so I hope the hydrobaths are good for water use economy.

What a shame you don't live near me mines for sale.Mine is a twin tank heated in almost brand new condition.I got it 4 years ago and have used it once in the last 18 months.I paid $2400 brand new from The Barf shop in QLD and I wouldn't take under $1400 for it so that is the sort of price you would be looking at.

PossumCorner hydrobaths are excellent for water economy.

I sold my conmurra twin tank heated for around the $1500 I think it was from memory - that was a few years back.

I remember being hugely surprised! I ended up actually making money on it!! It seems over the years I had it they went up in price.

What a shame you don't live near me mines for sale.Mine is a twin tank heated in almost brand new condition.I got it 4 years ago and have used it once in the last 18 months.I paid $2400 brand new from The Barf shop in QLD and I wouldn't take under $1400 for it so that is the sort of price you would be looking at.

$1400 is too cheap stans. Try selling it on eBay.

$1400 is too cheap stans. Try selling it on eBay.

Do you think RL1?It really is in perfect cond personal use only.It's on wheels has a davey pump and stainless steel check plate removable floor oh and it's a stunning aqua blue colour with a fleck through it.What do you think I should ask?Sorry to hyjack your thread Skitch. :)

Thanks so much everyone for the input, much appreciated :)!

Going by the prices here we got a really good bargain then! Twin tank heated for $800 :). We picked it up last night! Originally we were going to pay a bit more for it but it was a bit dirty and one of the heating elements appeared a bit slow and the guy was just keen to get it off of his hands.. I guess we were a bit lucky! It's a 'Hydrobaths Systems' one which is an SA company that has now gone out of business and is in really good physical condition, no scratches or bumps or anything and the pump works fantastically and is not very loud. It seriously looks brand new now that I've given it a real good scrubbing to remove all the dust from storage. Yay! :)

I'm trying to find somewhere we can get the 'slow' element replaced and get the pump serviced to make sure it is okay.. does anyone know where might be a good place to get this done? Thanks :)