I Want To Report My Neighbours

Lollipup

Sorry if this is long.

I live in a small cul de sac. At the street entrance there are two houses on the opposite side of the road - the rest of the street is all on the other side and only has six more houses. Its a nice quiet street most the time and we like it here.

My problem is with the people in the end five houses that our house is a part of. From the start of these five houses to the end we have:

House one: New neighbours just moved in with a GSD cross entire male 3yrs old and an old female ACD. They can get out of their yard but a lot of the time they just leave the gate wide open or leave the dogs sitting off leash on the front porch. The dogs then come running out to any dogs passing by. They run over to me when I am walking my dogs. They did this the other day when I was walking Chester. They both had their tails straight upwards and their hairs on end. Luckily I only had Chester and he is very submissive to other dogs and flopped onto his back. The ACD then stood over his neck staring at him and both dogs were stiff standing over the top of him. I calmly backed away with Chester and as soon as he moved to gt up the ACD snapped at him but thats as far as it went and I went back home. The GSD cross wanders to my other neighbours next door to me and stirs up their big dogs through the fence. If the fence wasn't there they would be killing each other. One of the dogs is an American Bull dog cross mastiff and it and the GSD make their mouths bleed from bashing up against the wooded fence fighting. I can chase GSD off but he comes back for more within a minute. Last time I cracked a stockwhip and it stopped them.

House Two: They are fine but are friends with house five which takes his dogs there off leash every day. More on that later

House three: Us, we keep our dogs in our yard and house.

House four: owns the American bulldog cross mastiff and a mastiff cross great dane. They are both entire males aged about one and a half and two years old. Mostly keep them in the yard but lets them out the front off leash when he washes the cars once a week. The american bulldog cross had a long and apparently serious fight with house number five's rottweiler cross a few weeks ago. They also try to fight through the fence.

House Five: Owns an entire male rottweiler cross (apparently cross belgian shepherd) and a jack russell cross foxy female who someone gave him. The jack russell cross has wandered the street since we moved in. She sunbakes on the road and barks at anyone new who drives / walks in. She follows us to the beach when we walk our dogs and people think she is ours and I feel responsible for her, but don't have a leash for her - she isnt my dog! (she is the middle dog in my sig photo, followed us down there that day)When I asked her owner about it, he said she is a free spirit, he can't keep her in the yard, the street is hers and no one can tell her what to do, she is a free dog. And also that he doesn't mind who she follows to the beach. He also owns the Rottweiler cross. He walks them without a leash every day. He visits house two every day with his dogs. The rotti cross stops for a dump on our front lawn. Owner doesn't care. Both his dogs chased another neighbour's cat up a tree on Sunday. Owner watched until cat's owner came out. Then he got his rotti away but left the jack russell there barking at the cat and just watched from a distance. The Jack Russell also chases the postman. The postie reported it to Council as he was worried he would fall off his bike. He even recorded it on a video camera. Council came out and gave him a warning. Then he "spoke to" the postie and I don't know what happened but he hinted he told him off. Now the dog still chases postie but no more complaints. The JR has been impounded once when she followed someone to the beach but he got her out and thats the only reason she is registered.

He has also told me he dosn't beleive in vets and has never given any medical treatment to his dogs. No vaccs, no wormers, nothing. So i have potentially desease carrying dogs leaving poo on my lawn. He was telling me this when I mentioned Chester having an op for his elbow dysplasia. He thought I shouldn't treat him or confine him but that these things sort themselves out naturally.

One day at about 5.30 am when we were getting ready for work, one marked and several unmarked police cars were at his house and then no one was there for nearly two weeks. I was told it was a drug raid but can't say for sure. He is a bit scary though.

I have permission to use the vacant land accross the road to do training with my dogs. This is great becauase our backyard isn't suitable. But with all these dogs about all the time now, there are too many distractions. The houses not involved in all this, at the other end of the street, have young kids living there. The young boy is afraid of dogs and squeals when they come close. They have SWFs so I worry one of the DA dogs might go at their dog and them be caught in the middle.

I'm going to call council tomorrow and report them. But I'm almost certain they will know its me. They know I love dogs but they must see me get annoyed and got inside when their dogs are all out and I can't train. I also worked for the Council until May this year so they may think I have connections. The guy in house five is who I am worried about. He doesn't seem like someone you would want to cross if you know what I mean. I know I should report them. But should I feel confident in doing so?

Go and speak to the people at the house where the kids and little dogs are.I bet they are fed up too,Band together and report these ppl.If they say anything to you just act surprised and concerned,then deny it was you.How can they prove otherwise,unless the council tells them it was you,but i don;t think they would do that.

Why let these yobbo's make life myserable for others;they have no regard for anyone but themselves,stand up for your rights and report them.

Go and speak to the people at the house where the kids and little dogs are.I bet they are fed up too,Band together and report these ppl.If they say anything to you just act surprised and concerned,then deny it was you.How can they prove otherwise,unless the council tells them it was you,but i don;t think they would do that.

Why let these yobbo's make life myserable for others;they have no regard for anyone but themselves,stand up for your rights and report them.

Thanks I will do that. I spoke to the lady that owns the cat that was chased up the tree. She has lived here a long time and isn't in our street but is on the other side of the vacant land, so sort of across the road. She said the little dog has been a nuisance a long time. When it was just that little dog at the start it didnt bother me too much but i realise now that even though she is small she still is a nuisance. All of its the owner's faults of course. I worry that if the little one is impounded again he wont bother getting her out. When she was impounded last time, he asked me if i want her because he wont pay to get her out again!

ETA: bad grammar!

Edited by Lollipup

What a horrible situation - I agree with the suggestion to band together where you can and report these people. All reports can be made anonymously. If the council won't do anything I would report it to the police as well. Good luck.

If a roaming dog is reported to the council the ranger is obligated to come out and collect it (providing the dog is still out of it's yard when they arrive). Who calls is irrelevant, you do not have to give your name.

As far as the dogs shitting on your lawn - ask the owner to pick it up. And if he doesn't return it to him via his doorstep.