Litter Due In November 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Thanks all, Meemo is being a great mum and the babies are doing well.

Liz your Cav baby is huge? or is that normal size?

If u all want to see our Mini Mo pics they are here: http://www.ozweimaraners.com/meemoharm.cfm

Well she is larger than any of the pups I had from last years litter. There were six that ranged from 135 to 150 grams. A singleton will grow large because they don't have to share the space or nutrients with anyone. Kind of like a Goldfish in a bowl, it will use the space! That is why they are so often C-sections. I had to be careful not to overdo Crystals food, given that she wasn't eating for 6! We also kept up her gentle daily walks. We were very fortunate and Crystal did have a bit of an "Owww..ooh..ouch" moment in the middle of it all there so I'm glad she's not hurt but it probably would have been born easier if it weren't breeched. But I think the 200 gms mark isn't that uncommon? BB? Belljari?

Your Mini Mo's are lovely! :)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sister snuggles

383116_2761875731165_1385985137_33138913_282567914_n.jpg

Brindle boy

391711_2761883091349_1385985137_33138916_253594916_n.jpg

Red Boy

380949_2761880971296_1385985137_33138915_1207361462_n.jpg

Lil tintin

376227_2755892261582_1385985137_33134771_252655383_n.jpg

374161_2755889261507_1385985137_33134770_1821611996_n.jpg

377942_2755899021751_1385985137_33134774_840443341_n.jpg

Beautiful I also love the one she is cuddling her pup.

Hey Guys I'm the last one but Saffioraire posted in the December thread.

Her White Shepherd Kesari had 11 pups in 6 hours on the 28th!

Great effort for a maiden. :thumbsup:

Now I believe we are "all aboard who are coming aboard".

Meanwhile we have had a great night with Crissy being an awesome 1st time mum and pup feeding and cuddling up well all warm and cosy. :)

Thats great! :)

How is everyone going vetting pet home enquiries? To be honest I have knocked one or two people back when I do have probably two puppies left. Something just didnt sit right. The people I definately am selling to have been FANTASTIC! They were all very excited as I sent them pics the other day, I may send them all some more soon as well. I have changed my add on DOL to include possible having a show bitch available so will be interesting to see if I have any enquiries about that. At this stage I am keen to keep a boy :thumbsup: and if theres a nice bitch in there that someone wants to show Im more than happy to work with someone would just have to find the right person if you know what I mean :) if not all the girls will go to pet homes :thumbsup:

I haven't advertised yet Ive had a couple of emails from my website they are interstate and I don't want to send them interstate unless I know the person. Iam going to put a ad on DOL soon and maybe through the Cav Club.

My pups were 4 weeks yesterday and they are all over 1 kilo. I cam home from work today and all 4 had escaped the whelping box! :eek: They are wrestling and playing it's so much fun watching them.

Thanks all, Meemo is being a great mum and the babies are doing well.

Liz your Cav baby is huge? or is that normal size?

If u all want to see our Mini Mo pics they are here: http://www.ozweimaraners.com/meemoharm.cfm

Well she is larger than any of the pups I had from last years litter. There were six that ranged from 135 to 150 grams. A singleton will grow large because they don't have to share the space or nutrients with anyone. Kind of like a Goldfish in a bowl, it will use the space! That is why they are so often C-sections. I had to be careful not to overdo Crystals food, given that she wasn't eating for 6! We also kept up her gentle daily walks. We were very fortunate and Crystal did have a bit of an "Owww..ooh..ouch" moment in the middle of it all there so I'm glad she's not hurt but it probably would have been born easier if it weren't breeched. But I think the 200 gms mark isn't that uncommon? BB? Belljari?

Your Mini Mo's are lovely! :)

Average weight for Cavs is 180 to 230 for me. With the smallest being 105 and the largest 280.

Hey Guys I'm the last one but Saffioraire posted in the December thread.

Her White Shepherd Kesari had 11 pups in 6 hours on the 28th!

Great effort for a maiden. :thumbsup:

Now I believe we are "all aboard who are coming aboard".

Meanwhile we have had a great night with Crissy being an awesome 1st time mum and pup feeding and cuddling up well all warm and cosy. :)

Thats great! :)

How is everyone going vetting pet home enquiries? To be honest I have knocked one or two people back when I do have probably two puppies left. Something just didnt sit right. The people I definately am selling to have been FANTASTIC! They were all very excited as I sent them pics the other day, I may send them all some more soon as well. I have changed my add on DOL to include possible having a show bitch available so will be interesting to see if I have any enquiries about that. At this stage I am keen to keep a boy :thumbsup: and if theres a nice bitch in there that someone wants to show Im more than happy to work with someone would just have to find the right person if you know what I mean :) if not all the girls will go to pet homes :thumbsup:

I haven't advertised yet Ive had a couple of emails from my website they are interstate and I don't want to send them interstate unless I know the person. Iam going to put a ad on DOL soon and maybe through the Cav Club.

My pups were 4 weeks yesterday and they are all over 1 kilo. I cam home from work today and all 4 had escaped the whelping box! :eek: They are wrestling and playing it's so much fun watching them.

What were their birth weights Belljari?

Well our Longhair weimaraner litter is here:

11 healthy bubs, 6 males and 5 females.

Meemo is being a wonderful first time mummy and puppies are doing very well.

The started at 850pm sunday night and 4 in the first hour last bub was born about (with out looking at my book) at 430am

post-15158-0-83690200-1322526941_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!! :cheer: 11 a big litter.

Here are some pictures of my precious solitaire! :D

Congratulations!! :champagne: She looks so sweet! Are you going to call her Solitaire?

Hmmm...maybe? Use it somehow! Long road before she gets a name though. But she's here and that was a major concern and a huge first obstacle. :)

Ive been giving it some thought but Iam not very good at thinking of good names but (your prefix) "My Solitaire" or "On her Own", for her call name as her mum is Crystal I was trying to think of some precious stone as it sort of all fits together.

Mine were 270 to 290 they were big! Now they are smallest 1.220 and the largest 1.380. Since Ive never had a Cavalier litter I wasn't sure. The lady who bred Sunni said they were great weights.

Yeah they looked nice and chunky in their early photos. so cuddly you just wanna squish 'em. (not really I'm sure you know what I mean :laugh: )

But Weiz4eva thought my girl was huge at 206 gms. She is certainly bigger than the 6 I had last year. Any way she put on 20 gms today. :)

The started at 850pm sunday night and 4 in the first hour last bub was born about (with out looking at my book) at 430am

Congratulations!! :champagne: She looks so sweet! Are you going to call her Solitaire?

Hmmm...maybe? Use it somehow! Long road before she gets a name though. But she's here and that was a major concern and a huge first obstacle. :)

Ive been giving it some thought but I am not very good at thinking of good names but (your prefix) "My Solitaire" or "On her Own", for her call name as her mum is Crystal I was trying to think of some precious stone as it sort of all fits together.

My daughter wants to call her Emma-lee, I like Em or Emmy. My husband gave me an Emerald Solitaire when we got engaged, so....."Wandalier Emerald Solitaire" ?? Maybe.

Plenty of time yet. Naming is hard isn't it.

Ive been giving it some thought but I am not very good at thinking of good names but (your prefix) "My Solitaire" or "On her Own", for her call name as her mum is Crystal I was trying to think of some precious stone as it sort of all fits together.

My daughter wants to call her Emma-lee, I like Em or Emmy. My husband gave me an Emerald Solitaire when we got engaged, so....."Wandalier Emerald Solitaire" ?? Maybe.

I like that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seems like we were equal last Liz - and just around the corner from one another... must have been that storm?!

Kesari started at 4.20 finished at 10.30, so not bad for 11 pups :) Super duper proud of her. 5 boys 6 girls in all.

Can't load photos but there are some at:

for anyone who's really keen! biggrin.gif

P.S Yell out if you want to borrow a few to beef up your litter of one! wink.gif

Seems like we were equal last Liz - and just around the corner from one another... must have been that storm?!

Kesari started at 4.20 finished at 10.30, so not bad for 11 pups :) Super duper proud of her. 5 boys 6 girls in all.

Can't load photos but there are some at:

for anyone who's really keen! biggrin.gif

P.S Yell out if you want to borrow a few to beef up your litter of one! wink.gif

Yes looks like they were although it was all over for Crystal by 4.30pm.

Your bubs are beautiful. Kesari did really well. Last year my Bonnie (Cav) had 6 between 5.00am and 7.00 am. Did you give Raspberry Leaf as a Uterine tonic? I do and I think it helped Crystal to deliver without any dramas. It certainly helped me with my three kids.

Seriously if you need any supplementing or have a tiny one who needs an extra hand I'd be happy to help out. Only thing is I cannot guarantee you would get it back ;) as we are big fans of Shepherds, Austrian, German or Swiss. It's the same to us! :laugh:

I like that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's growing on me. :)

I really like both names!! :)

I wish I could settle on some names for mine :(

I am very organised... Ive been planning this litters names for a very very lkong time... I had a list of 20 and have narrowed it down just not sure who is being who yet :thumbsup:

For the rego names Ive gone with a colour theme, as kite is Aspyre with flyin colours, so babies will be Nevafollo yellow submarine ect :-)

Edited by Nevafollo

I'm trying to think of themes at the moment but really, really struggling!!! So far we've got TV shows as Campbell really wants a pup with Bazinga as a call name so it would be Big Bang Theory... Wish I had more ideas though. I've thought about doing the Danish/Aussie thing with Frederick & Mary (as Hagen is Danish & Marie Australian) but its a bit obvious really. Neil has always gone with French theme for his litters so I want to steer clear of that if possible. Would love to be really, really clever!!! :laugh:

I'm trying to think of themes at the moment but really, really struggling!!! So far we've got TV shows as Campbell really wants a pup with Bazinga as a call name so it would be Big Bang Theory... Wish I had more ideas though. I've thought about doing the Danish/Aussie thing with Frederick & Mary (as Hagen is Danish & Marie Australian) but its a bit obvious really. Neil has always gone with French theme for his litters so I want to steer clear of that if possible. Would love to be really, really clever!!! :laugh:

:laugh: I wanted to call a pointee puppy *prefix* the big bang theory so i could call it sheldon cause I love that name :)

I have a few litter themes already choosen

LOL We were talking about having a boy with "Prefix Big Bang Theory" and naming him "Sheldon".