Pup Enquiry

Andisa

If it is the same person contacting both Julie and Andisa than perhaps he has some other motive?

We get lots of weirdos - some so weird you think you are being set up .He didnt contact me personally - as a beagle breeder but the MDBA asking if any of our members bred puggles :eek:

I don't think it's that odd. Quite possibly it's someone who has his heart set on getting that particular type of pug cross, doesn't want to get a BYB or a pet store one (which would be easy enough) but wants to try to do the right thing and thinks that registered/reputable breeders (although they do not themselves breed crossbreeds), may be able to point him in the right direction.

For instance, I remember a post a while back about someone whose friend wanted an Australian Bulldog. As I understand it, Australian Bulldogs aren't a recognised breed yet but there was a well-regarded breeder on DOL who said something along the lines of: "If your friend still determined to get an Australian Bulldog, then PM me because I will give you the names of some breeders who health test/don't puppy farm" etc. Presumably, even among DD 'breeders', there must be some that are probably more conscientious/ethical than others?

I don't own a DD myself but I know of people with Spaniel/Poodle crosses who obtained their dogs from breeders who health test, provide a guarantee and raise the pups in their own homes etc. Of course, people really shouldn't be emailing breeders asking about crossbreeds but part of me can sort of understand what the person thought he was doing.

There is SO such a thing as a puggle - not sure why she would be contacting a Pug breeder for a baby Echidna though?? :p

post-3140-0-51046300-1316235713_thumb.jpg

Tell them to contact Pug Rescue in Vic - I know they sometimes get Pug crosses in care. :)

Aaaaaaannnnnddddd We have a winner!!!

190 Internet Pointz to Kirty!

My daughter had her birthday party at the Lost Forest shop...she got a Puggle for being the birthday girl. She is now 26 and it is still there. :D

http://www.thelostforests.com.au/html/s01_home/home.asp

I don't think it's that odd. Quite possibly it's someone who has his heart set on getting that particular type of pug cross, doesn't want to get a BYB or a pet store one (which would be easy enough) but wants to try to do the right thing and thinks that registered/reputable breeders (although they do not themselves breed crossbreeds), may be able to point him in the right direction.

For instance, I remember a post a while back about someone whose friend wanted an Australian Bulldog. As I understand it, Australian Bulldogs aren't a recognised breed yet but there was a well-regarded breeder on DOL who said something along the lines of: "If your friend still determined to get an Australian Bulldog, then PM me because I will give you the names of some breeders who health test/don't puppy farm" etc. Presumably, even among DD 'breeders', there must be some that are probably more conscientious/ethical than others?

I don't own a DD myself but I know of people with Spaniel/Poodle crosses who obtained their dogs from breeders who health test, provide a guarantee and raise the pups in their own homes etc. Of course, people really shouldn't be emailing breeders asking about crossbreeds but part of me can sort of understand what the person thought he was doing.

This is how I read it too. He may have genuinely not understood how registered breeders feel about crosses and thought 'well everyone in the pug world must know each other, I'll start with someone that is trustworthy and see if they know someone with good pugs that teamed up with a good beagle breeder' maybe??? There are plenty of people out there that can't see any problem with DD's, even believe they are healthier, otherwise they wouldn't exist.

I think it's a result of a person doing a lot of internet research.

They have researched how to choose a breeder, and have come up with some reputable registered ones to contact.

They have researched dog breeds, and unfortunately have been given a misleading sales spiel about what a 'puggle' is. And the breed seems to tick all the boxes, and has 'health claims'.

They have seen rescue sites and plenty of websites warning about the horrors of puppy farms and pet shops.

But you really only find out about the deeper information on breeding dogs by doing lots of reading and seeing lots of dogs. An email like that is a chance to educate on why no ethical person would cross breed a dog. I liked Steve's response and hope it pushed them in the right direction.

If it is the same person contacting both Julie and Andisa than perhaps he has some other motive?

We get lots of weirdos - some so weird you think you are being set up .He didnt contact me personally - as a beagle breeder but the MDBA asking if any of our members bred puggles :eek:

Ahh, of course, I see the link now. :laugh: