Worming Combo

arjay

Is it ok for my 7 month rotty pup to have his monthly Valuheart Heart worm tablet every month and every thing 3rd month to have an interceptor for heart-worm and intestinal worms.

I Use advantix for my fleas and ticks.

Guest lavendergirl

I think the OP means to give the heartworm only once a month and an allwormer every three months? I asked the vet about doing the same thing and he seemed to think that was OK. But I don't know about using a different brand product for the 3 monthly application. Is there a brand that has both heartworm only products as well as a combination wormer so you could stick to the one brand?

I think the OP means to give the heartworm only once a month and an allwormer every three months? I asked the vet about doing the same thing and he seemed to think that was OK. But I don't know about using a different brand product for the 3 monthly application. Is there a brand that has both heartworm only products as well as a combination wormer so you could stick to the one brand?

Yep, but jakeyjangels suggested interceptor monthly, which is an overkill on intestinal worming IMO.

Guest lavendergirl

Yep, but jakeyjangels suggested interceptor monthly, which is an overkill on intestinal worming IMO.

I agree - thats why I was wondering what brands have both a heartworm only product and an all-wormer.

Is it ok for my 7 month rotty pup to have his monthly Valuheart Heart worm tablet every month and every thing 3rd month to have an interceptor for heart-worm and intestinal worms.

I Use advantix for my fleas and ticks.

why not go a Paratak, Drontal or Fido's every three months for worms

Use ValuHeart if you need to use heart worm prevention

Do you live in an area that has ticks ? Do you have fleas ?

If not, then scrap the extra chemcials. If the answer is yes, the Frontline, Advantage or Advantix

Using any products that does intestinal worms monthly is over kill, even if you were needing to treat for Hydatid