Melbourne Rally, Dog Lovers For A Safer Community

sumosmum

Excellent coverage on channel 7 news. It was the third item in. Vision of the dogs that attended, a pitty, a Rotty, a GSD. A group shot on the steps of Parliment House and a few sound bites from a pitty owner and the vet and Brad.

An excellent job done by the organisers, and a fantastic effort by all those that attended.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent coverage on channel 7 news. It was the third item in. Vision of the dogs that attended, a pitty, a Rotty, a GSD. A group shot on the steps of Parliment House and a few sound bites from a pitty owner and the vet and Brad.

An excellent job done by the organisers, and a fantastic effort by all those that attended.

Dammit, not in Brisbane :( I don't get to see anything!

Hopefully I'll be getting those fancy photos sent to me through email, I want to see the turn-out!

Would the footage be online yet? I missed the news :( I wanna see if I made it on to the telly!!! :laugh: Weather was terrible but I really enjoyed it :thumbsup: was great listening to all of the speakers and being around like minded people :)

:thumbsup: The rain probably did turn people away, but I think it also was in our favour and made us all like a million times more dedicated.

Well done and thank you to everyone who participated, helped, contributed and even thank you to those who couldn't attend but had us in your thoughts.

:thumbsup: The rain probably did turn people away, but I think it also was in our favour and made us all like a million times more dedicated.

Well done and thank you to everyone who participated, helped, contributed and even thank you to those who couldn't attend but had us in your thoughts.

I agree Ruffles. The dedication of all was fantastic. Lets face it, it wasn't pleasant out in that weather. :o

I was a bit disappointed that there were not more breed clubs participating. The Rescues that came were great too. Maybe some of the clubs had other things on, but still, a bit disappointed considering some of their own breeds are also under the spotlight with the laws and the media regarding this matter. Hopefully next time, there will be more participation from them. :) And weren't all the offical dogs that attended just great. So well behaved. Loved all the great banners and signs too. :D

Thanks for the video link & the still pics, gurmpette & Erny.

Maybe the rally was a first in a very much needed campaign?

I agree with Law. It must've been a great experience to be out there with like-minded people.

Edited by mita

Thanks for the video link & the still pics, gurmpette & Erny.

Maybe the rally was a first in a very much needed campaign?

You're welcome, Mita. Hhhhmmm .... I don't think this rally was a "first". There have been prior rallies over the years and countless letters etc. etc. submitted to govt. Chip chip and different approaches and finally the media recognise that this isn't going away, that things aren't improving and a glint of a hint is emerging that hey, perhaps we are right. So, the rallies and work from the past has not been a waste of time. We're just moving along with it and the rally from this weekend is one that so far as achieved the most and best as far as recognition within the media/public is concerned. But I don't wish for all the people who have worked long and hard beforehand to think that their efforts have been in vain. They haven't been. The tactic has changed though, and that helps for the general public to understand what we are trying to say. IE THESE LAWS WILL NOT HELP THE COMMUNITY, just as much as they won't help dog-owners and won't help dogs.

I agree with Law. It must've been a great experience to be out there with like-minded people.

It was fantastic to have the numbers that we had - it very much bouys a person in a mission to make things better for every person's sake. That's for sure. Of course the message needs to make its way to the General Public. THEY are the ones who need to understand that the laws won't reduce bite stats or injuries. They've been educated to the contrary for the sake of the Govt fetching votes. We need to swim against the tide and keep swimming against the tide, until the tide turns with us.

I was a bit disappointed that there were not more breed clubs participating. The Rescues that came were great too. Maybe some of the clubs had other things on, but still, a bit disappointed considering some of their own breeds are also under the spotlight with the laws and the media regarding this matter. Hopefully next time, there will be more participation from them. :)

I agree, Sumosmum. I was quite surprised and disappointed also. I spent hours making sure that all breed Clubs (that I was able to collect email addresses for) and as many ANKC training Clubs as possible were made known of the rally.

I was absolutely rapt to see some people there who don't even own a likely targetted dog breed turn up to help out. THEY understand the message we're trying to send. THEY care about people. THEY get it. Hopefully one day the Government will too, before another injury occurs.

Edited by Erny

You're welcome, Mita. Hhhhmmm .... I don't think this rally was a "first". There have been prior rallies over the years and countless letters etc. etc. submitted to govt.

It was fantastic to have the numbers that we had - .

You are right, Erny. The 'campaign' is much more than this rally.

And all the previous rallies, letter-writing and lobbying.....have been part of an on-going campaign.

That's a good point, too, that's it's heart-warming to see people who don't own the targeted breeds, turning up to support others.