Lakeland Terriers (photos!)

Monah

I just Googled for some Kerry Terrier piccies and saw he ones on this link, I reckon after seeing the last picture that there would be large puddles all over the floor after they have had a drink :laugh:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/kerryblueterrierphotos.htm

Kerry blue terriers, not kerry terriers. :) And yes, water, all over the floor but not for long cos they like to wipe their beards on the carpet, furniture and you. :laugh:

For anyone who wants a lakie, there is one on Gumtree. I have emailed a bunch of breeders and posted in the UK Terrier thread.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just Googled for some Kerry Blue Terrier piccies and saw he ones on this link, I reckon after seeing the last picture that there would be large puddles all over the floor after they have had a drink :laugh:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/kerryblueterrierphotos.htm

Kerry blue terriers, not kerry terriers. :) And yes, water, all over the floor but not for long cos they like to wipe their beards on the carpet, furniture and you. :laugh:

For anyone who wants a lakie, there is one on Gumtree. I have emailed a bunch of breeders and posted in the UK Terrier thread.

fixed my gaffe :laugh:

Edited by Boronia

These are wonderful pics - reminds me of what a wonderful example of the terrier breeds lakelands are - and with such fantastic lakelands why someone would want an oodle is beyond me... :confused:

Some friends of mine have a beautiful Lakeland as well as a westie... The Lakeland becomes an honorary westie at our clan gatherings - she is a really lovely girl... But sadly the Lakeland has cancer... So I've probably seen her for the last time :cry:

Definitely a breed id love to have one day. :)

Edited by westiemum

hehehehe we (Darkrai and myself) have been blessed with a Lakie soul in our lives she'll be 5 months on the 26th,our little show devil.. Miss Amber or Fish as we call her

why fish do you ask

hahaha if shes inside and you use the bathroom as soon as she hears a toilet flush she is in the bathroom checking out the loo.. our water bowls and buckets are not safe as she loves to play in them.. she is a little fish.. she is very chatty you head outside and she will bark and sook at you until you acknowledge her presence..

AmberElla164.jpg

AmberElla155.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

dogsandsky084.jpg

dogs327.jpg

Smisch she's absolutely gorgeous :love:

Dont let the cuteness fool you lamo I walked downstairs this morning to have her HANGING off my pants cos she merely wanted attention. we currently have another Lakie here atm and the two of them have teamed up to terrorise the other 3 breeds of the house.. my poor border collie who rules the roost here is feeling very uncertain of himself lol!

All good she makes up for devilness in intelligence, Im starting to foundation work her atm for agility she is such a keen little bunny..

Smisch she's absolutely gorgeous :love:

Dont let the cuteness fool you lamo I walked downstairs this morning to have her HANGING off my pants cos she merely wanted attention. we currently have another Lakie here atm and the two of them have teamed up to terrorise the other 3 breeds of the house.. my poor border collie who rules the roost here is feeling very uncertain of himself lol!

All good she makes up for devilness in intelligence, Im starting to foundation work her atm for agility she is such a keen little bunny..

Sounds just like our girl, our boy on the other hand is so laid back for a Lakeland - it's bliss!

• 6 months later...

Do Lakelands shed? Also, does their hair just keep growing and growing like a poodle's if not trimmed?

SNAP, I was just about to ask the same question! I've seen them on some lists of purportedly hypoallergenic dogs, but do any of you owners have any experience with people wiht dog allergies, and how they go with your dogs?

Always looking for breeds to add to my extremely small list of Breeds I Could Realistically Own. (As opposed to the list of breeds I'd love to own, were it not for the nsurmountable allergy issue... :D )

Blackdogs, no I dont find them to be a shedding breed, but I have only had experience with stripped and not clipped. I may find a few stray hairs after combing Tori out and working on her coat but other than that I can give her big cuddles before going to work without having to worry about getting a nice fur coating on my clothes. I am only new though, someone please correct me if Im wrong

Edited to add - yes there hair just keeps growing if you dont trim it - they end up like big wooly teddy bears

Edited by RoxyNHemi

Blackdogs, no I dont find them to be a shedding breed, but I have only had experience with stripped and not clipped. I may find a few stray hairs after combing Tori out and working on her coat but other than that I can give her big cuddles before going to work without having to worry about getting a nice fur coating on my clothes. I am only new though, someone please correct me if Im wrong

2nd this.. the most hair we ever find is when amber is hand stripped out and that's the hair we get out of her

Do Lakelands shed? Also, does their hair just keep growing and growing like a poodle's if not trimmed?

SNAP, I was just about to ask the same question! I've seen them on some lists of purportedly hypoallergenic dogs, but do any of you owners have any experience with people wiht dog allergies, and how they go with your dogs?

Always looking for breeds to add to my extremely small list of Breeds I Could Realistically Own. (As opposed to the list of breeds I'd love to own, were it not for the nsurmountable allergy issue... :D )

My husband has allergies to dog hair (and his mum made him grow up with Golden Retrievers!). He can quite happily cuddle with Tori for a periof of time and not have any reaction

There's a Skye terrier at black town pound at the moment.

Love the lakies as well :love:. What a gorgeous little dog monah.