For Those Of You Who Breed

wantsapuppy

I let my puppy ppl pick....well okay....too a certain extent.

I had 2 pups left in one litter.... a very laid back boy and a much more outgoing pup.

The man came to buy one for his 11 year old twin boys.... of course the laid back one went straight up to him and in his lap. He was smitten... oh yes, he liked this one...

I felt that with twin boys, the outgoing pup would be better.....

so I told him that the laid back pup was a barker.... loves the sound of his own voice...yaddy yaddy.... then he started looking at the other boy and after awhile said oh no...I like this one.

:D Job done... he thinks he "chose" the puppy

I would hate to have been manipulated by a breeder in this way; i like to think that purchasing a puppy is a team effort where open honest communication is exercised.

Gees...call it how you like - I dont see it as manipulation at all, but gentle persuasion. Yep, seeing as you dont know the whole long and lengthy conversations that entailed beforehand I guess its easy just to assume there was a lack of communication. :banghead:

I agree, I don't think you manipulated him at all Miss Monaro, The way i see it, is that you just gave him a gentle nudge in the right direction, & he ended up getting the best pup for his family,which I'm sure they just love. :)

Edited by Baileys mum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My breeder picked Bitty for me!

Because she knew me well and puts up with my nonsense on a regular basis she basically just said "You are having this pup! Now be a good girl and don't fuss"

I didn't really like Bitty much to be honest! I thought she was the most dull and "meh" puppy but gave my breeder the benefit of the doubt!

After a night............OMG!!! BITTY WAS DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was the most glorious little thing! Sunshine and rainbows! Spring personified that dog! Everything anyone could ever want! Loved and obsessed over by everyone in our family including Chasey who fell in love with her at first sight!

So yes! I am all for wise breeders picking! :D

I had 2 pups left in one litter.... a very laid back boy and a much more outgoing pup.

The man came to buy one for his 11 year old twin boys.... of course the laid back one went straight up to him and in his lap. He was smitten... oh yes, he liked this one...

so I told him that the laid back pup was a barker.... loves the sound of his own voice...yaddy yaddy.... then he started looking at the other boy and after awhile said oh no...I like this one.

I would hate to have been manipulated by a breeder in this way; i like to think that purchasing a puppy is a team effort where open honest communication is exercised.

Gees...call it how you like - I dont see it as manipulation at all, but gentle persuasion. Yep, seeing as you dont know the whole long and lengthy conversations that entailed beforehand I guess its easy just to assume there was a lack of communication. :banghead:

gentle persuasion would require the buyer to to be fully informed. based on the information above, i would call it as manipulation. if it was something different then, by all means, describe it as it was. If a lie was involved, then i would still consider the buyer was manipulated.

gentle persuasion would require the buyer to to be fully informed. based on the information above, i would call it as manipulation. if it was something different then, by all means, describe it as it was. If a lie was involved, then i would still consider the buyer was manipulated.

I don't call it manipulation wish someone had done this for the working line border collie i brought when i moved out of home, i chose the pup that came up to me and wanted to play and go etc. 2 years of hell before he went back to a farm :(

Edited by emery