Canidae Grain Free Salmon

I feed my older dog Canidae grain free salmon as he cant have grains and he gets plenty raw meat, bones etc., my pup eats RC lab junior and raw meat, bones etc. it would be easier tor me to just feed both the same thing. Has anyone fed their pup Canidae, im a bit worried about feeding it as it has such a high protein content for a pup, but seeing as 1 meal a day is raw maybe it would be ok??? Any thoughts?

I've been feeding Archer half Canidae grain free ALS and half raw since we got him at 8 weeks and had no problems, he is a smaller dog though (Boston Terrier).

Although it has a higher protein percentage you might not need to feed as much, so for example (just making up figures):

100gms Canidae with 40% protein = 40gms protein

150gms Other food with 30% protein = 45gms protein

Not sure if that helped at all?

The best advice I was given with higher protein was not to feed it to young pups as it will make them grow quicker which will then cause their joints to be out of whack when older. And for a Lab or Border Collie we don't need any extra help in regards to failing hips etc. I feed Black Hawk and not the puppy version just the normal adult for both adult and pups. If I can't get a hold of it they will get Pro Plan Performance which is suitable for all life stages.

Hope this helps.