Professional Pet Transport Services In Australia

DogSvet

As DogSvet mentioned, the Brisbane office were quite caring and understood our situation and stress level. They even phoned the Adelaide office for us to see if there was anything that could be done. It just would of been nice if the Adelaide office could have shown some compassion as well. The part that disturbs me the most is the lady I dealt with the entire time was the proprietor - so you would expect a much higher level of customer service coming from her. The other part I forgot to mention is that while she blamed the errors on "someone else" it was her name showing on all emails from quote - finish, and she was the only person I spoke with every time on the phone!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I also bought a puppy the same time as Ashleigh did off DogSvet and she was flown to me from Brisbane to

the Whitsunday coast. I only had to deal with the Brisbane Dogtainers and not Adelaide.....thank god. They were lovely

and contacted me to let me know, my puppy was on her way. I too have heard a lot of bad remarks about the service of the

Adelaide dogtainers company. So in saying that, its not all dogtainers company that have rude people. Had I receive this service from the Brisbane office,

I too would be taken action. For the simple reason a puppy who has just had surgery, should not be locked up anywhere for 10 hours with no water of food.

If you locked your dog in the car for 10 hours with no food and water even with all the windows down, what will happen. You will get in massive trouble. Its

classed as neglect. The problem here is NO you can not help flight delays, but dogtainers were suppose to be there to look after the dog until it was on the

flight to her new home. We pay a lot of money to have our dogs well taken care of and to make sure they feel safe and

comfortable as this is all knew to a puppy who would be a nervous wreck as it is. In DogSvet situation the flight was delayed so fair enough, where were dogtainers

to let both Ashleigh and DogSvet know this. No where is site when they should have been. Where were dogtainers Adelaide when they were informed about the delay, again

nowhere in site when they should have gone and picked puppy up and let her out, give her water and food till her flight was right to go again. They were asked to go and

pick her up, but they whined because they were too far away from the airport to do this. Is this what we paid them for, did they not state this on there site:

With over 30 years of experience in delivering any pet, anywhere, anytime – you can trust your special pet is in the safest of hands when you choose our professional Pet Transport services.

In my eyes Dogtainers Adelaide failed big time in their duty of care to the puppy, to Ashleigh and to DogSvet. On top of it all, they had to deal with Rude dogtainers staff. Great Customer service goes a long way, being rude, is just not on considering the money you pay, but not so much the money, the worry of where and what's happening to that innocent little puppy who has

never in its life so far been exposed to something so scary the first time.

I did begin to wonder why I bothered paying dogtainers for the Adelaide - Whyalla portion. I thought that paying so much meant that they would handle the dog from start to finish. I later found out that Air Express were the ones that did everything for Coco once she landed in Adelaide!!

Hi All,

I also bought a puppy the same time as Ashleigh did off DogSvet and she was flown to me from Brisbane to

the Whitsunday coast. I only had to deal with the Brisbane Dogtainers and not Adelaide.....thank god. They were lovely

and contacted me to let me know, my puppy was on her way. I too have heard a lot of bad remarks about the service of the

Adelaide dogtainers company. So in saying that, its not all dogtainers company that have rude people. Had I receive this service from the Brisbane office,

I too would be taken action. For the simple reason a puppy who has just had surgery, should not be locked up anywhere for 10 hours with no water of food.

If you locked your dog in the car for 10 hours with no food and water even with all the windows down, what will happen. You will get in massive trouble. Its

classed as neglect. The problem here is NO you can not help flight delays, but dogtainers were suppose to be there to look after the dog until it was on the

flight to her new home. We pay a lot of money to have our dogs well taken care of and to make sure they feel safe and

comfortable as this is all knew to a puppy who would be a nervous wreck as it is. In DogSvet situation the flight was delayed so fair enough, where were dogtainers

to let both Ashleigh and DogSvet know this. No where is site when they should have been. Where were dogtainers Adelaide when they were informed about the delay, again

nowhere in site when they should have gone and picked puppy up and let her out, give her water and food till her flight was right to go again. They were asked to go and

pick her up, but they whined because they were too far away from the airport to do this. Is this what we paid them for, did they not state this on there site:

With over 30 years of experience in delivering any pet, anywhere, anytime – you can trust your special pet is in the safest of hands when you choose our professional Pet Transport services.

In my eyes Dogtainers Adelaide failed big time in their duty of care to the puppy, to Ashleigh and to DogSvet. On top of it all, they had to deal with Rude dogtainers staff. Great Customer service goes a long way, being rude, is just not on considering the money you pay, but not so much the money, the worry of where and what's happening to that innocent little puppy who has

never in its life so far been exposed to something so scary the first time.

IMHO A puppy who has just had surgery should not be air freighted anywhere. My vet even cautions letting puppies be rehomed where they need to be in a car for several hours until at least 5 days after surgery.

Your crate should also have contained a drip style water bottle, so your puppy was not flown without water.

I've flown close to 30 dogs and pups with Dogtainers over the years and have never had an issue with them. We encountered two problems, one being a cancelled flight and the other a courier that didn;t show up but both were dealt with professionally.

There's no point bagging them on a public forum

I think it is valid enough reason to discuss on the public forum!

This kind of animal cruelty from the company I have trusted to care for my little pup can’t be left without consequences. I would hate to see any other puppy/animal to be treated the same way. I can’t do much, but I can make “their services” known to as many people as possible.

My puppy travelled on 7th day after her surgery, she was vet checked and well enough to travel as stated in the medical certificate. However she was not well enough to stand against human NEGLECT! NO drip style water bottle was allowed in her cage. I was only allowed to tie up a bottle with frozen water to go inside of the puppy’s cage so she could lick off the condensate. “Dogtainers” Adelaide couldn’t care less about my little puppy, like she was a “stuffed toy” without feeling, and I was treated, at the very least, unprofessionally. I don’t know if “Dogtainers” will even reply to my complaint! It’s questionable if their head office will be able to do anything about “Dogtainers” Adelaide, since they are a “Proprietors” (whatever it means). And then I don’t know if any other company is any better. This whole situation is just very frustrating!

More over this is not the first problem I’ve had with “Dogtainers”. There was some drama at the airport 2 weeks prior to 10th of Oct event, when my other puppy’s cage wasn’t prepared. I booked and paid well ahead and even phoned on Friday to confirm my booking, but there was no paperwork or cage ready on Monday morning!!!! Lucky for this pup, she was on a direct flight for only 1.5hrs and her new owner was waiting on the other side. As I was told by the workers at the “Air Express”, this is a regular thing for “Dogtainer’s” bookings.

We are just letting people know our personal experience so they can make an informed decision if they want to transport their dog. We have a right to share OUR experience, just as the others have commented and said they had no worries with dogtainers. I'm sure that dogtainers aren't like this EVERY time otherwise they wouldn't still be in business. I find forums are the best way for sharing all kinds of experiences - as if you look on a company website, you will only find the words "great" and "best at what they do" etc!

Also we are not "bagging" them on a public forum for revenge.. and we are also taking the right steps and lodging a formal complaint. If no-one shared bad experiences ever, then companys could do what they like.

And as for the not travelling after surgery, I would like to let everyone know that I had her vet checked after I got her to make sure, and she is fine, healthy! She is also a strong little girl - which I think helped dramatically during the transport.

Did your pup arrive dehydrated ? did your pup arrive sick or injured ?

if not, then you have nothing to complain about, other than some supposedly rude customer service. If flights were cancelled, take that up with the airlines.

It's people like you , that make will make it more difficult for the rest of us to travel pups. Your pups arrived, suck it up and move on, or write to the companies involved.

I think it is valid enough reason to discuss on the public forum!

Of course you are and it is word of mouth that most people go by, many have had problems with airlines/transport companies and if we do not share our experiences both good and bad then we are not doing our furry companions justice. I want my animals to travel as safely as possible. I have had a purebred show kitten go missing in transit and its not fun especially when AAE didn't give a rats about the missing "cargo" and tried to blame his breeder - she had apparently ripped me off and didn't put him on the plane - happens all the time when people buy puppies and kittens from interstate!!!!!! Bad luck for them that his breeder was a friend and they ended up with her at one end and me at the other causing them grief until they found him. Also not impressed that they tried to palm someone elses beautiful elder, tubby and I am sure much loved moggie off on me just so I would go away.

I have also tried to check an animal in for her trip to her new family to find the transport company had not booked her flight despite a confomation that they had - the airline in this case was virgin and the guy at check in, done through Toll, was terrific . Not amusing given I had taken her on the way to work and it was a 2 hr drive for someone to come and pick her up - thankfully with the help of the check in staff it was sorted, she made her plane and got to her new owner in time. Can not speak highly enough of the airline staff that dealt with me, not so happy with the transport company that didn't bother to do its job.

Companies know we are going to share experiences if they do not want bad experiences shared they need to provide the service they are paid for and treat clients and their companion animals with care and respect.

Did your pup arrive dehydrated ? did your pup arrive sick or injured ?

if not, then you have nothing to complain about, other than some supposedly rude customer service. If flights were cancelled, take that up with the airlines.

It's people like you , that make will make it more difficult for the rest of us to travel pups. Your pups arrived, suck it up and move on, or write to the companies involved.

No-one is forcing you to read this. We are writing to the companies involved.. It was not "supposedly" rude customer service - and you were not the person that was dealing with them, so I don't think you have any place telling us what to do - it also was not YOUR considerable amount of money that was spent for this service. If you don't care about other peoples experiences then don't read it - but I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) appreciate reading other peoples stories before making a decision.

We are not doing this to try and turn people off choosing Dogtainers, we just want them to know all the facts. I researched Dogtainers before using them, and found plenty of great information about them and lots of people that highly recommend Dogtainers, as well as a few people who weren't satisfied, but I still chose to go ahead with them as I found more compliments than I did complaints, and it's unfortunate that they didn't work out for me! But I am glad I had the opportunity to see what other people had written first. It doesn't absolutely make my mind up, but it helps.

We are not making it difficult for others to transport their dogs at all, I'm pretty sure that if every complaint affected other people there would be no companies left... If you find rude customer service ok, that is your choice - please do not accuse us of being wrong, this is our PERSONAL opinion and feelings!

Your comments dear Pav Lova just show how much you care about puppies or dogs in general.

My dogs are part of my family, part of my life!

I can't help it but feel sorry for your dogs.

DogSvet please don't try and prevoke people on the list.

We could all come out and shoot you down.

If you are not happy with the situation of flying dogs then don't sell them to places where they have to fly.

Your comments dear Pav Lova just show how much you care about puppies or dogs in general.

If you are not happy with the situation of flying dogs then don't sell them to places where they have to fly.

I just want to make sure people are aware that we aren't saying that flying dogs is the problem. It is simply a matter of we were treated poorly this instance!! This was the first time I have ever dealt with flying an animal, and even tho it was one of the most stressful days ever - If I had to, I would do it again - but I would just chose a different company and hope that I was more satisfied with the service, that is all I am saying! Plenty of people have no drama with dogtainers - this was just OUR experience - so we thought we would do the right thing and share it with everyone who was interested.!

I just want to make sure people are aware that we aren't saying that flying dogs is the problem. It is simply a matter of we were treated poorly this instance!! This was the first time I have ever dealt with flying an animal, and even tho it was one of the most stressful days ever - If I had to, I would do it again - but I would just chose a different company and hope that I was more satisfied with the service, that is all I am saying! Plenty of people have no drama with dogtainers - this was just OUR experience - so we thought we would do the right thing and share it with everyone who was interested.!

I am sure you can easily shoot me down, I am an easy target.

And you are wright, we should not take it on each other.

This forum has much greater purpose.

Your crate should also have contained a drip style water bottle, so your puppy was not flown without water.

I've flown close to 30 dogs and pups with Dogtainers over the years and have never had an issue with them. We encountered two problems, one being a cancelled flight and the other a courier that didn;t show up but both were dealt with professionally.

There's no point bagging them on a public forum

You obviously do not check when your pups have been loaded into their crates, because they are not given a drip bottle to drink from. Maybe you need to check next time you take

a puppy for transporting, it may also give you second thoughts. The cancelled flight is not the issue that DogsVet is talking about. The flight company is not the issue, it was dogtainers promised service that was not delivered. It was dogtainers who were rude and very unhelpful, not the flight companies. Why steer off a subject totally irrelevant to what the complaint is actually about. Its a public forum like you stated, freedom of speech, if you don't like what has been said, you can leave with a reply like, My dealings with them have been great over 30 years, no problems what so ever, sorry your experience was a HORRIBLE one..... that's being honest and nice about it. Everyone has had different experiences with the company. Everyone is entitled to say how they feel about their experience. I as of yet have not had a bad experience with dogtainers, but in saying that, I have dealt with them once and that was the Brisbane office. They were great. Like I stated in my other post, great customer service goes a long way. I have a pup coming from Hobart this week and I am so praying I do not have to deal with Adelaide dogtainers as it frightens me to think what could happen. Dogsvet is not the only one who has had issue's with the Adelaide company, maybe you need to Google and see for your self.

Edited by jeno72

for 10 hours......is that all.

Then have some thought for mine and a lot of others that are flying internationally.....mine is flying Georgia USA to LAX then more checks and then back into a crate to fly to Sydney.

Some flights within Aust may take up to ten hours depending on the flight connection. (that is from the time the pup may be crated)

I can tell you far worse stories than yours and yes I still fly pups and adults around the country.

That's what happens when you fly dogs. Anything can happen. Some flights get cancelled. Look what happens to some pasengers that are totally stranded. Here you are blaming a transport company for something that's beyond their control. I am sure the Transport Company and the Airlines met their comitments but it just took a little longer.

It doesn't matter that anything can happen. That's why you hire a professional, to counter outcome variance and to engage a professional

response when the anything does happen.

Also, international flights are not relevant:

1. Different crates

2. Young puppies are not involved

Edited by lilli

My import was delayed by a number of days and he ended up having to drive to Prague because he couldn't fly out from Poland.

It happens, flying dogs is a PITA sometimes.

Sorry you had such a bad experiance.

Bjelkier I have sent you a PM re Poland

thanks L:)

That's a bit low, why the need for that kind of comment, Some people class their babies as one of their children, some just see dollar signs and this is very sad. Dogsvet bred one of the most beautiful Shar Pei litters I have seen, they were always loved as one of her own and very well looked after and healthy. She had two puppies and was her first litter, she has used these forums for help and advice, so she has not just been here to complain about an issue that she had, she came here for help......Not to be shot down, not to be told to suck it up....people like you should be ashamed of yourselves, because in my eyes that is a threat, and there was no need for it. You also could have said that in a nicer way, that comment was not meant for you and was no need for you to reply with a comment like that. Don't threaten to shoot people down because guarantee it will back fire on you.

Edited by jeno72

Then have some thought for mine and a lot of others that are flying internationally.....mine is flying Georgia USA to LAX then more checks and then back into a crate to fly to Sydney.

Some flights within Aust may take up to ten hours depending on the flight connection. (that is from the time the pup may be crated)

I can tell you far worse stories than yours and yes I still fly pups and adults around the country.

That's what happens when you fly dogs. Anything can happen. Some flights get cancelled. Look what happens to some pasengers that are totally stranded. Here you are blaming a transport company for something that's beyond their control. I am sure the Transport Company and the Airlines met their comitments but it just took a little longer.

Looking after that puppy is not beyond their control. The flight being delayed, yes that is, but like I have said in other post, Dogsvet did not have an issue with the flight being delayed, it was the transport company who were paid to take care of their pup that did not live up to their promise splattered all over their site. People are a different story when a flight has been delayed, they can look after themselves, what can a 8 week old puppy do???

Looking after that puppy is not beyond their control. The flight being delayed, yes that is, but like I have said in other post, Dogsvet did not have an issue with the flight being delayed, it was the transport company who were paid to take care of their pup that did not live up to their promise splattered all over their site. People are a different story when a flight has been delayed, they can look after themselves, what can a 8 week old puppy do???

Sit in the crate(BOLDED above) like the rest of the animals do when there is a delay, and wait till they are put on the conecting flight.

Thank all your lucky stars that some KIND person did not open the crate and let the dog escape, while they think they are being kind.

What I I can't understand is ...why is Dog Tainers Adelaide in the line of fire.

Unless they were contacted and paid to collect and look after the dog and return it to the airport for the flight how would they even know the dog was shipped ?.

I am starting to think that that shipping dogs may be a new thing to the consigners and they are not conversant with the way shipping works.

Dogtainers are franchises, so I would imagine you would have to address your complaint to the Adelaide franchisee. The Canberra franchise is great, they've won MDBA awards for their service.

Have to agree with persephone that you will get better satisfaction approaching the franchisee with a well-structured & calmly presented complaint rather than firing up on a public forum first.