Puppy With Super Sensitive Tummy

Kirty

Sometimes gut problems can take an extended period of time to resolve - that is presuming that there isn't another more serious underlying problem.

The gut gets so insulted that it needs something soothing to line it in order to be able to repair enough to be able to get back to normal.

Have you tried her on the I/D diets?

I have seen a lot of dogs with many and varied digestion problems.

Currently I have one that has IBS and another that needs Zantac every now and then which really works very well in soothing the gut. There are so many variations with these kind of problems. For me it has been trial and error over the years to work out what each one needs as the vets haven't been that great at diagnosing the various problems.

Digestive enzymes can work and I have had success with human grade Pro Biotics but the big breakthrough was the Zantac.

We are on our way to the vet to test for parvo. :( She is still fine in herself but two other pups from the litter tested positive on the weekend. The other pups have all had the runs like mine, but they have tested negative. Last thing I bloody needed right now. :(

Vet said its not even worth testing because she is fine and her poos are almost normal now. They said she may have had a very mild dose of parvo and is now recovering or she may be coming down with it. So i have to cancel puppy school and obedience and wait and see what happens. In the mean time I will be disinfecting my entire house and yard, just in case. :(

Its just so frustrating not knowing. :( I wish I could get an answer either way. The disinfectant is bloody expensive, even through work. I didn't even think to quarantine her because she came from a reputable source and she is vaccinated. Thank god I hadn't taken her anywhere else. :(