Best Floor Cleaning Products For Inside Dogs?

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

I have all tiles and i'm sick of mopping so i've just ordered one of those steam mops online (got a bargain price of $39.99) and the customer reviews come pretty good and i'm hoping this is my new fav dog friendly floor product.

Any other pet friendly cleaning products for inside pooches I should know about?

I had been using pine-o-clean and boiling water and a mop but my tiles just weren't sparkling and i'm too scared to use polish on it with a puppy running round as i'm not sure what ones are pup safe as yet :eek:

We had a steam cleaner thing, we really didn't like it at all. Dunno if it's the same one though.

I've always just used the Earth choice floor cleaner. It's green and greywater safe etc, so I assume it's human and dog friendly as well, and I've never had any issues with it. It cleans just as good as any other floor cleaner I've used, but we don't have shiny tiles, they are a matt type, so don't know if that makes any difference.

I have tiles in the living areas and timber in the bedrooms. I use one of those microfibre mops and a sploosh of metho in the water and have lovely shiny floors. About once every couple of months I use a scrubber on them, but that is more for my satifaction! Vinegar works nearly as well when I run out of metho.

We have the roomba as well, but after only one year it's pretty much close to death. I guess it's the amount of hairs with 7 cats and 2 dogs, it just couldn't handle it. We would have to clean the brushes every single day, and even then it would sometimes stop and tell us to clean its brushes.

Do you use the vineger neat or dilute it?

Dilute I use approximately 1/2 cup in a bucket of water & as previously posted metho is a great cleaner too. Probably the same dilution as vinegar & metho makes the floors dry faster as well.

Thx jj :D

Guest donatella

I have tiles in the living areas and timber in the bedrooms. I use one of those microfibre mops and a sploosh of metho in the water and have lovely shiny floors. About once every couple of months I use a scrubber on them, but that is more for my satifaction! Vinegar works nearly as well when I run out of metho.

ahh you know what i'm talkin bout then, i have tiles that are supposed to be shiney but more often are not and good ole pine o clean, boiling water and a mop just ain't cutting it anymore. will get onto this microfibre mop tomorrow.

Guest donatella

I am so excited at the arrival of this steam mop!! i think it will arrive on Monday.

Until then i might go out and buy a mircofibre mop and some metho and get to work tomorrow cause I can't handle these floors until then :rofl:

You're officially getting old when you get excited about the arrival of a steam mop.

I am so excited at the arrival of this steam mop!! i think it will arrive on Monday.

Until then i might go out and buy a mircofibre mop and some metho and get to work tomorrow cause I can't handle these floors until then :rofl:

The steam mop should be fine. Microfiber mops are ok but be aware that they can leave lint behind from the back and forth motion... they are great for a quick clean, but not so great for a perfect clean.

If you have previously used bleach, or bleach based products, the bleach may have taken the top coating of the tiles. Re-sealing them would be your only answer.

One key to using any mop is to make sure you wash the mop head thoroughly between cleans and if the water gets too dirty, replace the water and wash the mop head.

Vinegar and metho are great. Some people use straight hot water and some use hot water with a little bit if regular dish washing detergent. Pine O Clean should work fine though so if they are really bothering you, maybe the BC Puppy method is for you... to use a scrubber on them... for most people, that is going over the top as scrubbers are normally used in commercial jobs.

Edited by Greyt

check out the roomba and the scooba. google 'irobot'

they also do pool cleaners and gutter cleaners... was amazed there was such technology! I have the roomba, it picks up so much dust.

Best invention ever- we have the Scooba and have 3 Spitzes and a 900m2 house mainly consisting on tiles. It uses vinegar and water only.

Shannon lush recipe

1 cup vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon lavender oil into a 1 litre spray bottle then filled with water. I use this to mist the floor and then go over it with a sabco flat mop. does a better job than the old squeegee sponge mop and handy andy I used to use.

i think her bucket rince recipe was a cup of vinegar in a bucket of water.

She also sprinkles bicab soda - before spraying and then mopping over.

PS do not use vinegar or other acid based cleaners (eg lemon juice) on marble.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Guest donatella

I'm waiting for my steam mop to arrive (any day now) but couldn't handle my floors anymore and my foam mop is a piece of $hit!!! I just went out and bought a microfibre mop and did the floors with warm water, white vinegar and a few drops of eucalyptus. I'm pretty impressed. thanks for the tips ladies