Doggie Doo Composter

OSoSwift

I am after plans to make or where to buy a doggy doo composting system that I can put the waste of up to 20 dogs per day.

I have seen some good systems available for purchase but they only do up to 4 dogs from what I have seen so far.

Can anyone help please :D

Someone on here years ago described one that acted like the commercial ones but for more dogs. Memory has it, there was a trench (deep enough for the bins to be buried up almost to their rims) and at either end a plastic container (garbage bin, feed container, whatever)) Ag pipe ran along bottom of trench and connected to the bins. The bins had holes drilled in them around the bottom sides and the bottom. Large pebbles on the bottom of the bins. Poop in bins and that reactor stuff, or similar used.

That sounds very much like the plans I have seen just on a larger scale.

I am having to deal with a shire and they are becoming annoying! I have to submit a waste management plan which involves what we are doing with the solid dog poo. Among 25 other bloody rules and regs.

My husband has suggested having a trap door like thing into the septic and dropping the dog poo straight into that.

I am wondering if they would accept that?????

That sounds very much like the plans I have seen just on a larger scale.

I am having to deal with a shire and they are becoming annoying! I have to submit a waste management plan which involves what we are doing with the solid dog poo. Among 25 other bloody rules and regs.

My husband has suggested having a trap door like thing into the septic and dropping the dog poo straight into that.

I am wondering if they would accept that?????

Ask them as some councils insist on kennels being on a sectic system. :)

Where does your septic go?

Our septic will have leach drains. We have not to many options on that one where we are. It is not built yet I have to submit a waste management plan.

All runs, when washed, will then go into a drainage system with stainless buckets then into a septic system which, will of course, be connected to the leach drains.

I am finding it rather frustrating and wondering why I have soo many stipulations when we are zoned Rural, live out of town and have 2000 acres.......................

And to be honest I really think they have no idea and find them extremely frustrating!

Edited by OSoSwift

Dog poo composters take a while to get started and have them work effectively. I have one which was supposed to handle 3 large dogs according to the internet plans. With all the rain earlier this year I have had a lot of set backs with it and it is only now at the stage where it is starting to work - its still going to be a few months before I consider it to be effective.

It would be a better idea for the number of dogs to have a septic system installed.

Pity you don't live in Qld...I have a 'Nature Loo Composting Toilet' system that I am going to sell, we used it for a couple of years until we saved up to buy a Biolytix. It was ok and would be ideal for many dogs doing heaps of poo.

I will have a septic system for the water from the kennels and fromt he toilet/sink. so I am guessing if I have a lid installed int he top of the frist septic tank that will be sufficient.

The council where I used to live insisted on a septic system with a toilet in the kennels for the disposal of the poo.

Easy just the cost of the system.