Care Packages For Our Troops And Dogs

Dreamin

Have you considered sending Care Packages to OUR Troops overseas this Christmas?

2011 CHRISTMAS MAILING - COMMENCES 7 NOVEMBER - DEADLINE IS 9 DECEMBER

Please note, the addresses below will only be active for the Christmas Mailout from November 7 to December 9, 2011.

All the parcel regulations that apply to the other day mailings apply to the Christmas Mail.

The format of the address is as follows:

For the Middle East:

An Australian Defence Force Member (TO SEND TO A FEMALE JUST ADD "FEMALE" AFTER)

Good Will Mail

Middle East

AFPO 60

Australian Defence Force NSW 2890.

For Timor Leste:

An Australian Defence Force Member

Good Will Mail

Timor Leste

AFPO 61

For the Solomon Islands:

An Australian Defence Force Member

Good Will Mail

Solomon Islands Operations

AFPO 62

To send to a Explosive Detection Dog (they need toys and treats too)

An Australian Defence Force EDD HANDLER

Good Will Mail

Middle East

AFPO 60

Australian Defence Force NSW 2890

Don’t forget something for the handler

Keep your parcel under 2kg and it's free from any Post Office in Australia.

What not to send:

The following items are prohibited to all destinations due to safety and customs issues:

aerosols

cigarettes

clothing other than socks

the following items are prohibited to Middle East destinations:

alcohol

pork

magazines with naked women

any religious materials

If you do not agree with our troops being overseas - keep it to yourself don’t bother airing your ideas by attaching to this post, see your local member.

What a great idea I'll def do this and share it around. What are people sending? So the postage is free?

The postage is free - you just have to pay for the postage box, which is only a few dollars from memory.

I sent out about 8 boxes last year, 4 filled with dog toys and 4 for the troops - Just remember you have to fill in a customs form so if you are sending a few boxes is easier to grab the forms in advance so you can fill them out at home.

I didn't realise, so was at the post office for ages filling in 8 forms!

Is there a list of the types of things to get? I think I remember seeing last year that there was a suggestions list

This is last year I think, I can't find anything realeased for this year yet, but it has a few ideas on it.

https://sitedesq.imgstg.com/customdata/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_image_listing&CategoryID=11487&itemLayout=1&headerselector=3&OrgID=195&dts=1511201025813

this is a great idea :thumbsup:

my daughter loves to give to others at christmas, and i'm sure she will jump at the chance to send a parcel over to a detection dog.

what kind of toys do you send, and can you send them treats,like smakoes, or is this not possible due to customs.