Priceless Pet Shoppers

ridgiedidge

To put some clarification on things from both a consumer and resellers point of view

Firstly, there has been a lot of price rises recently, more than you would care to imagine.

Not all of these are from the manufacturer either, the distributors for too long have had too lean a

margin on most lines, to the point where some make no money at all (especially when you factor in

overheads, taxes, etc etc)... So there might be a 5-7% rise from the manufacturer, then another 3-5%

is being added at the next stop up the line.

Naturally, that means at the retail end the costs have to be covered, and to be honest, I am a little

over all the increases.

Also, because here in Australia, our suppliers are still living in the dark ages... the internet is evil,

and you must buy these things at a shop... Thats what they think anyway.

So, what is happening is more conditions are being placed on online retailers, plus a few suppliers

have increased minimum orders from say $300 to $1,000, plus other implementations that are

designed to weed out the back yard operators.

With everything that has been going on, I made the decision a few days ago to remove close to

75% of my 3 & 4pk range of medications, as they are just not a viable business option, I dont think

it will be too long before you see others do this as well.

Also, price matching, the conditions on competitors websites, including my own have now become

a lot stricter. We will no longer match the prices of online stores who only sell medications, they need

to be a full line retailer (i.e. Pet Toys, Treats/Foods, Apparel, plus items for other types of pets)...

I think you will be seeing a few more price rises in the very near future, and those that may be seen to

be really cheap today, may not be tomorrow, or be around for long based on what is happening

from the level above us (the retailer).

Also, as has been mentioned in this thread, does everything have to be so price driven?

I know there are some good retailers out there, and we try our best to ensure orders are sent out as quickly

as possible, and if there is an issue to fix them... I guess good service is not what it used to be... food for thought...

<off my soap box now>

*** These are my personal opinions, I have pets, all my friends have pets, I also work in the industry, hopefully

my thoughts have not come across in a negative light at all

Edited by Pets1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my Advocate from ebay, but the seller i used the last 3 times ( 3 pack of under 20kgs , and 6 pack of over 25kgs , for my 3 dogs), took over 2 weeks to post them after my money had cleared!

And they are packed in an envelope with the 3 pack not in a box, so obviously split up a big box.

They were the cheapest, but won't be using them again, i can't wait that long. :(

ebay is pretty comparable for these products and often with free delivery.

This, usually better prices than Pets1 or whatever. A really cheap website I've found though has been:

http://petproductsontheweb.com.au

Awesome prices. Free shipping.

I had some trouble with receiving goods from this company. I did get the stuff eventually but it took ages and their customer service was not good.

I had dramas wuth this company also, i never received my products and he was very dishonest. I got my money back once the department of fair trading was involved..buyer beware..

I ended up buying from Omar's Horse Supplies (& dogs, cats and other domesticated animals).

I buy the Advantix.

here is the link to the Sentinel page

http://ovedshorseandpetstore.com.au/Search.html?ordering=&searchphrase=all&searchword=Sentinel+Spectrum

I had ordered some heartworm pills and also some dry shampoo, they were out of the shampoo so phoned me to ask if I would like to wait to the following week, when it would arrive, and send it all together. I thought it was good that they phoned.