Cool Coats

Paganman

Meea can you let us know how yours go? I'm currently looking at getting some cool champions but am wondering about these Hyperkewl ones, some not so good reviews on here so I don't want to buy them if they aren't so good!

Jetpoint I've got two fluoro pink cool champions coats that I bought for the girls sitting in my cupboard going to waste as we dont really do too much over the hot seasons. I think they have been used two or three times only. If you're interested I could think about a price for them and do the whole measurement thing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meea can you let us know how yours go? I'm currently looking at getting some cool champions but am wondering about these Hyperkewl ones, some not so good reviews on here so I don't want to buy them if they aren't so good!

When I got home last night and still this morning the kyperkwel is still full of water and very heavy whereas the cool champions have dried considerably hanging in the same area. But I DID NOT wring it out at all as I just soaked then hung it. It is very cold but still has too much water in it. I don't seem to have a thread problem but again did not wring it out which I will have to do before putting it on a dog. The instruction don't say to but I will do what I do with the champions and put it thru a quick wash and spin. The sets the champion coats up for a full day without any weight. That should also test the velco thread thing pretty throughly!!

Will test at the double St GEorge at E/P on Saturday. darn the weather forcast is for fine and cool!!! never get the weather you want. ;)

So far I would say it seems to work and as it is 1/3rd the price of the cool champions added to which there is free shipping from cool run until mid december really you can't loose. I bought XXL and only paid $44 and over $100 pls postage for the other.

Spotted Devil or anyone else whom have purchased these new coats, will you be at KCC Park on Sunday?

I would love to check out your new coats if possible?

BB

Sorry BB - agility trial at Bulla on Saturday. Will definitely update here though. They are seriously light. With the silver colour the dogs look like super heroes with capes :laugh:

Spotted Devil,

Thanks for that, can you bring the new coat to Bulla on Saturday so I can have a look at it?

Bulla isn't that far from me. Good luck at the trial.

For those that have brought the hyperkewl, how much heavier is it compared to the Cool champions after you have wet it and wrung out some water?

BB

I've just bought two of these, will let you know how they are when I get the,, she has free shipping ATM too, so the two mediums I got were $40 all up :)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73627153/save-15-tootlewears-dog-cooling-coat-xxx?ref=sr_gallery_4&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=Cool+coat&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Is there anyone with experience using them on coated breeds whose coat doesn't lie flat? I'd love to try some of these but as my breed backcurls all along the topline I can't see how they wouldn't flatten and damp the coat down. Especially on the short models which would leave the croup dry and puffy in comparison...

The under chest straps are hard too with our very deep chests and heavy fringing... Are there many that don't go under the chest?

Maybe I'll have to stick to wet sheets hanging over the pens and crates!

The cool champions are fine on the Deerhound coats Alyosha and I will be trialling the HyperKwl one this week end. I soaked it this morning and left it hanging (before reading about the thready stuff so will see when it dries) I will probably be carrying both kinds around for awhile - If you are around EP or CH come around for a 'dress up'

Meea

edited for spellunk

Thank Meaa, but we'll be in Canberra. So long as the rain holds off it should be cool this weekend at least!

I might end up looking at mats instead I think, to bypass the effects on coat. Now to figure a way to stop puppies eating them... :laugh:

Is there anyone with experience using them on coated breeds whose coat doesn't lie flat? I'd love to try some of these but as my breed backcurls all along the topline I can't see how they wouldn't flatten and damp the coat down. Especially on the short models which would leave the croup dry and puffy in comparison...

The under chest straps are hard too with our very deep chests and heavy fringing... Are there many that don't go under the chest?

Maybe I'll have to stick to wet sheets hanging over the pens and crates!

my chamois type one is great for keeping my double coated dogs coat looking nice and level. I don't want to say 'flat' because it doesn't seem to flatten the coat, just keep all the hair in the right places. This coat comes in a "custom small" size which was perfect for my dog - covered the croup.

I'm stoked with my HyperKewl coat. My girl is a flake in the heat, but took her to agility training on the weekend and she was go, go, go :D

Drank much less water and didn't really pant at all. I think the quilting in the coat helps hold the water yet the coats don't get wet at all. The weight did flatten her coat though (Aust Cattle Dog)

I can't just throw it around though, if the spiky bits of the velcro touch the coat it causes bad runs and strands.

OK the final result is in:

The Hyprkwl is completely shagged and showing its insides and this is one only wet and dry. I haven't even had it on a dog yet. I will be emailing Clean Run to send it back. Very disappointing. Heavens only knows what it will look like after a weekend in a show bag! The velcro just brushing the outer fabric causes a complete tear.

Husky - how did you go with returning yours???

My Cool Champions have had several circuits of wash and wear and look like new. Guess you can pay for quality!

Also I noticed in an early post Springy say they machine wash their CCs AGAINST instruction but I have just bought mine and it says that a light machine rinse and spin is the recommended way to set them up. Also lighter so the problem of weight which has been mentioned doesn't happen if you prep them that way!

The Chilly Buddy had it's first outing at an agility trial on Saturday. Not an overly warm day but it was quite muggy and the sun was very hot/glare-y when the cloud cover cleared. My Dally doesn't work well in the heat and he had 7 runs. In the morning I used the coat dry to help him recover between runs and then wet it down as the day progressed. I was really happy with it and will be interested in how it goes on a warmer day. On such a variable weather day it was great to be able to leave the coat dry initially and thus preventing him becoming TOO chilled.

Ziggy had 4 passes (2 x 2nd places) and gained his ADX and JDM titles so it was a bloody good omen if nothing else :laugh:

Meea, good to hear that CR were reasonable. I gather they are sending you a second coat or did you ask for a refund?

BB

They offered a replacement coat which I declined - Then they gave me a refund - which I promptly spent and then some on their site!! :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

I used the cool coats on saturday at Gippsland and guess what, it was slimy when I wet it.

Did anyone else follow their measurements and have the coat sitting just before their loins or did you measure

so the coat covers the whole dog?

Ziggy is black and I don't like several inches of his rear exposed to the heat, prefer him all covered like the Cool

Champions.

Has anyone else used their new coats yet? What is your verdict?

BB

P.S I am still a coat short for a dog :( Why can't I count properly???

Edited by Blakbelgian