My Bitch Is 7 Weeks Pregnant But Theres A Problem

indigirl

Yeah vet told vet nurse to tell me he's sorry but can't do the ultrasound til Mondsy.

I explained the situation, they just saud sorry can't fit you

Sometimes living in a remote area sucks

I will guarantee the vet doesn't even know that you have a problem. Vet nurses fob people off all the time with excuses like that. I would be marching into the vets tomorrow and waiting until the vet speaks to you personally. I cannot believe he would not squeeze you in for a 10 minute procedure under the circumstances if he knew them.

Yeah vet told vet nurse to tell me he's sorry but can't do the ultrasound til Mondsy.

I explained the situation, they just saud sorry can't fit you

Sometimes living in a remote area sucks

I will guarantee the vet doesn't even know that you have a problem. Vet nurses fob people off all the time with excuses like that. I would be marching into the vets tomorrow and waiting until the vet speaks to you personally. I cannot believe he would not squeeze you in for a 10 minute procedure under the circumstances if he knew them.

Ummm vet nurses do not always fob you off or have no idea. When I was a veterinary receptionist if we said the vet couldn't do it, especially if I had been told the above, the answer of "no we definately can't" would only have been given AFTER consultaion with the vet.

Vet nurses are not all stupid and brainless and telling people excuses.

I agree with asking to be informed if there is a cancelation.

Edited by OSoSwift

I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia so can understand your plight a lil better. When I have a attack I cant even talk, well I can, but I choose not to.

Ringing around to see if sheep or other people have one is a great idea!

Hiyas, one of my iggy bitches is now 7 weeks pregnant with her maiden litter. She is a petite bitch and while her ribs have been as wide as the ocean her belly hasnt swollen much at all. Have asked a local experienced breeder to look at her this past weekend, she assured me the dog was definately in whelp. Also asked a very experienced iggy breeder who assured me that if she was only carrying 1 or 2 pups she may not 'show' in the belly until her final week.

I realise your bitch is a maiden but surely she would have some mammary indications. I don't know about other breeds but by 7 weeks and even when only carrying 1 or 2 puppies there are huge changes not just in the nipples but the swelling of mammary tissue that are nothing like a bitch just experiencing a phantom - even in maiden bitches.

Yes, I am quite happy to be told this is not the case ;)

I hope your girl is in whelp and the puppies are still alive and well! More importantly that you find out for sure soon.

Ummm vet nurses do not always fob you off or have no idea. When I was a veterinary receptionist if we said the vet couldn't do it, especially if I had been told the above, the answer of "no we definately can't" would only have been given AFTER consultaion with the vet.

Vet nurses are not all stupid and brainless and telling people excuses.

+1

If the vet says they can't fit you in, so be it - if it were a genuine emergency I'm sure they'd make time.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Things have progressed since earlier today. My bitch looks very different even than she did this morning. I am thinking it was a phantom that just stopped dead. Like she had blown up in the ribs and it was very obvious but her ribs are much smaller than they were. A breeder who saw her on the weekend and then saw a video of her today was like.. wow ..what a change.

I have a stethescope and had been trying to listen for heartbeats. But apart from getting sore ears i wasnt achieving a whole lot.

Her teats were pink and standing upright and had clearly grown in size but werent huge.

When my golden reabsorbed her litter she just stopped growing larger one day, and was suddenly full of beans. But she didnt just shrink in size like my iggy bitch has. Shes like a balloon that has been slowly deflating, all very wierd.

At least I know now, phew.

• 2 weeks later...