What Is The Right Way To Enter.....

Shazzapug

To be honest I have never had a problem with entering a dog in another name either on its own or along with my own entries and I never do anything special bar paperclip all entries, SAE & cheque together.

SAE has my name on it - never anyone elses.

Shazzapug, I wonder if it was the same secretary that re-addressed my envelope for me and wrote the stupid, snippy note about the kennel name that was nowhere to be seen.

Give me a hint, if it was the same show there was a very obvious diference to other shows.

Edited by GayleK

We have entered dogs at Vic shows, owned individually by us (Mother & daughter)living at the same address. Have also entered dogs we have campaigned for friends. I have always sent one check, one SAE and never had a problem. Usually the same breed, but I could see confusion if you had different breeds or Groups.

I think its a Vic thing!

I would not staple them ,each secretary/cataloguer has their own methods and having to remove staples to re-order entry forms is a pain.

When I do a show, the entry forms are put into breed & class order and attached to the SAE, so that the numbers make it back into the envelopes easily. No form is removed from an envelope until the corresponding number is put inside.

Shazzapug, I wonder if it was the same secretary that re-addressed my envelope for me and wrote the stupid, snippy note about the kennel name that was nowhere to be seen.

Give me a hint, if it was the same show there was a very obvious diference to other shows.

LOL ok..she prolly been a Miss far too long. :laugh:

We have entered dogs at Vic shows, owned individually by us (Mother & daughter)living at the same address. Have also entered dogs we have campaigned for friends. I have always sent one check, one SAE and never had a problem. Usually the same breed, but I could see confusion if you had different breeds or Groups.

Mine is one dog, only one. It shouldn't be that hard or confusing for anyone. But I'm making it easier in future, he's being transferred into my name only.

I too show a dog that isn't mine and I send all the entries in together, with the one cheque and sign the entry form 'for' the owner. I do write the names of the dogs on the back of the ssae, never had a problem.