HugUrPup

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest donatella

I completely support the OP and her wanting to use a nappy on her dog to have some time with the dog. If it doesn't work then lesson learnt she can try something new tomorrow. nothing ventured nothing gained. HUP i hope you have lots of puppy (non pee) cuddles tonight :thumbsup:

The OP has gone out to buy nappies to put on her dog so she can have some time with her dog without the wee issues (and her own issues with the dog bothering her). Regardless of my attitude I think this is a wonderful idea that she is spending time with the dog and I think its awful that some would try and convince her otherwise. Its not for a long time, its just for an hour or so at night.

You can call it attitude, I call it passion to the cause. :D

No one here is trying to convince her not to spend time with her dog. People with first hand experience using nappies on dogs offered their opinions, and I think that is the great thing about these forums, OP can hear the good and the bad about the nappy idea, and use the wealth of DOL knowledge to help her find what is best for her and her dog.

Guest donatella

The OP has gone out to buy nappies to put on her dog so she can have some time with her dog without the wee issues (and her own issues with the dog bothering her). Regardless of my attitude I think this is a wonderful idea that she is spending time with the dog and I think its awful that some would try and convince her otherwise. Its not for a long time, its just for an hour or so at night.

You can call it attitude, I call it passion to the cause. :D

No one here is trying to convince her not to spend time with her dog. People with first hand experience using nappies on dogs offered their opinions, and I think that is the great thing about these forums, OP can hear the good and the bad about the nappy idea, and use the wealth of DOL knowledge to help her find what is best for her and her dog.

ok great, look forward to hearing the outcome tomorrow :)

The comment which upset me the most was that I was being cruel.

The link donatella posted on how to turn a nappy into a dog nappy is great :thumbsup: If it doesn't work out, I have emergency nappies for the baby once he is born lol

As far as Miley being able to get away from her pee in her crate goes.. she seems to be quite happy to lay in it and then stink of pee because it's all on her fur. She is the weirdest dog in the universe. I haven't opened the packet of nappies yet, still deciding on if I need to. I may just pop a dog blanket on my bed for an hour and hope for the best. If she pee's I will sleep in my son's cot for the night :laugh:

Guest donatella

If nappies were so dangerous for dogs why are there specifically designed doggy diapers?

And why do many use them for elderly dogs? or dogs in season?

Also if nappies were so dangerous why are newborns even allowed in them?

Seriously you must be taking the piss? Have you cut a disposable nappy and seen the liquid absorbing gel? Dog ones are made specifically for dogs, they don't have to have holes cut in them

fyi speaking of attitude, the above doesn't exactly hinder a friendly tone, I don't swear in my posts at least.

However I will let it drop from here.

The comment which upset me the most was that I was being cruel.

The link donatella posted on how to turn a nappy into a dog nappy is great :thumbsup: If it doesn't work out, I have emergency nappies for the baby once he is born lol

As far as Miley being able to get away from her pee in her crate goes.. she seems to be quite happy to lay in it and then stink of pee because it's all on her fur. She is the weirdest dog in the universe. I haven't opened the packet of nappies yet, still deciding on if I need to. I may just pop a dog blanket on my bed for an hour and hope for the best. If she pee's I will sleep in my son's cot for the night :laugh:

Personally, the bolded bit is what I would do, either on your bed or in a different area, like suggested previously. Putting a nappy on her may stress her out more if she is already stressed. As I said earlier, maybe take her outside and give her a chance to toilet first. And please let us know how she gets on at the vet tomorrow :).

If nappies were so dangerous for dogs why are there specifically designed doggy diapers?

And why do many use them for elderly dogs? or dogs in season?

Also if nappies were so dangerous why are newborns even allowed in them?

Seriously you must be taking the piss? Have you cut a disposable nappy and seen the liquid absorbing gel? Dog ones are made specifically for dogs, they don't have to have holes cut in them

fyi speaking of attitude, the above doesn't exactly hinder a friendly tone, I don't swear in my posts at least.

However I will let it drop from here.

Oh goodie thank you :)

FYI HUP there is a product called an oops pad maybe she could lie on that when on the bed

Oops pad

Edited by millbrooksprings

Could always put a 'puppy pee pad' down underneath the dog blanket :) that way there is something a little more absorbent between your bed and your girl!

Just like putting plastic under kids sheets rather than putting them in nappies in case of accidents! (Do they still do that these days or was that just the terrible 80s or my darling mother? :rofl:

Guest donatella

by the sound of your story i dont think she will wee when she's with you it really sounds like she does it when you started to change her routine (ie put her in the lounge then her crate to sleep), she's just hormonal and emotional too. but wee mats are great, i use them here and they are super absorbent :thumbsup:

Guest donatella

Yep, she is peeing when I am not watching.. which is why she is outside.. makes me nervous.

Hopefully the vet can give me some ideas.. I will contact K9-pro too.

you're a really good mum :clap: she'll be fine on the bed with you ;) keep us posted with the vet outcome

Why do you think the problem is going to be solved in 3 days? She is a dog and I doubt she'll get the concept that wearing a nappy = not peeing on the bed. She'll still pee - it will just be absorbed so she'll still achieve her aim.

I think you need to go back to toilet training and keeping her on a lead at your side at all times until it is reinforced.

Once vet rules out medical you have a behavioral issue to address - not something to simply stick a band aid on. Address her issues - don't simply do something which makes you feel better.

Actually Danois, I meant 3 days of dry nappies.. not in 3 days ;)

I have just put her in the crate.. she laid in bed with me and watched some murder mystery show.. and didn't pee.

I will have to have her on a lead inside.. my pregnancy brain farts stop me from thinking of the obvious :o

Once vet rules out medical you have a behavioral issue to address - not something to simply stick a band aid on. Address her issues - don't simply do something which makes you feel better.

Why can't some people see that using the nappy/training pads etc are not just a bandaid solution?

They're part of getting the dog back into a slightly normal routine of sitting on the bed with her owner, which is largely what has caused this issue in the first place, is it not?

The OP is not simply trying to cover/hide the problem behaviour, but help it.

Good luck HugUrPup.