Katherine Heigl Hates Balls

AmaCam+Digby

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something a little off, probably deliberately off, about a presenter making much of her clevage while saying male genitalia are gross. (I can't spell, sorry. You can figure out what I mean). I can buy it as a spoof for spoof's sake, I guess. But the practical implications aren't clear as dog's balls. If balls are disgusting, should we be advocating male castration in all species? That would solve a lot of problems. But it would create a few more problems :D. How about 'boobs are disgusting' :)? While we're at it, let's get rid of 'pussy' and go for some good genital mutilation, all sexes treated equally. What fun!

If you think this ad is a good way to promote desexing, I'd say you're pushing peer pressure. And I don't think it will work. There are other ways around looking at balls. My mother (b. 1923) always bought girl dogs for this reason.

Edited by sandgrubber

There's something a little off, probably deliberately off, about a presenter making much of her clevage while saying male genitalia are gross.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm sorry but that is a coffee splurk moment.

The ad sure got your attention, didnt it, just as it got the attention of everyone else commenting in this thread so it must be working on one level or another :thumbsup: Even if it makes you cranky because she has her boobs on display. One thing is for sure - you wont be forgetting the ad in a hurry.

Katherine Heigl ROCKS

There's something a little off, probably deliberately off, about a presenter making much of her clevage while saying male genitalia are gross.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm sorry but that is a coffee splurk moment.

The ad sure got your attention, didnt it, just as it got the attention of everyone else commenting in this thread so it must be working on one level or another :thumbsup: Even if it makes you cranky because she has her boobs on display. One thing is for sure - you wont be forgetting the ad in a hurry.

Katherine Heigl ROCKS

Thisthumbsup1.gif It's obviously working to some degree. It has people talking about desexing dogs!!!

I thought it was hilariouslaugh.gif

Also I not think that the word balls has been discussed so much on a dog forum when they weren't meant to be thrown.

Plus I just realised that my 5000 post milestone was used talking about male apendages - something that is very very rare for me

:offtopic: Totally irrelevant info - I read something a while ago claiming that Katherine Heigl is regarded as too fat for Hollywood standards. What the??? I say Balls to that. She's gorgeous. Edited by raz

I have never gotten the whole men like their dogs to have their mansticles still on, you don't see women breeding their female dogs constantly just so that they have big boobies.

Yeah but women don't like identify themselves through their breasts (or at least I don't lol).

not sure if I'm reading this right but it kinda souonds like you're saying that Men's testes are a major part of their identity?

Not for all men, but they talk about them a lot. Like if someone seems hesitant to do something hard, they tell him to grow a pair (of balls). If someone does something brave and confrontational, they say, wow they have balls of steel, or he's got balls etc. You get the idea. I have not heard anyone talk about breasts the same way - they aren't seen to affect personality.

as you say not all men are like that...:)

But I think the add does a good job at targeting those whose identity is closely tied to their balls (those who subscribe to hegemonic masculinity).

I have never gotten the whole men like their dogs to have their mansticles still on, you don't see women breeding their female dogs constantly just so that they have big boobies.

Yeah but women don't like identify themselves through their breasts (or at least I don't lol).

not sure if I'm reading this right but it kinda souonds like you're saying that Men's testes are a major part of their identity?

Not for all men, but they talk about them a lot. Like if someone seems hesitant to do something hard, they tell him to grow a pair (of balls). If someone does something brave and confrontational, they say, wow they have balls of steel, or he's got balls etc. You get the idea. I have not heard anyone talk about breasts the same way - they aren't seen to affect personality.

as you say not all men are like that...:)

But I think the add does a good job at targeting those whose identity is closely tied to their balls (those who subscribe to hegemonic masculinity).

You're right, I do think it's targeted at those sorts of men. Unfortunately, I also think they're the least likely to respond well to a woman telling them she thinks balls are ugly and so should be cut off.

Yes we're talking about desexing, but we have desexing threads come up every week. The test will be whether any of those men decide to desex their dogs to make them more adorable for Katherine Heigl.

I totally agree with Sandgrubber.

You're right, I do think it's targeted at those sorts of men. Unfortunately, I also think they're the least likely to respond well to a woman telling them she thinks balls are ugly and so should be cut off.

You might be right (damn shame none of the Dol menfolk are giving their perceptions on it for a bit of insight) but maybe what it's really targeting is women dog owners. It's a much better approach than the peta style campaigns with graphic images trying to shock people into neutering their pets.

You might be right (damn shame none of the Dol menfolk are giving their perceptions on it for a bit of insight) but maybe what it's really targeting is women dog owners. It's a much better approach than the peta style campaigns with graphic images trying to shock people into neutering their pets.

yeah I guess I see it as really making fun of, and undermining, that sort of 'culture'. Individual attitudes will change with the culture change :)

yeah I guess I see it as really making fun of, and undermining, that sort of 'culture'. Individual attitudes will change with the culture change :)

That's exactly what it's doing and why I think it's so clever. How easy is it to meet someone who owns an entire dog and instead of getting on a rant and tell them to cut their dog's balls off you can just throw in - Hey have you seen the Katherine Heigl hates balls ad.

That's exactly what it's doing and why I think it's so clever. How easy is it to meet someone who owns an entire dog and instead of getting on a rant and tell them to cut their dog's balls off you can just throw in - Hey have you seen the Katherine Heigl hates balls ad.

:rofl:

Nice ice breaker! It'll definitely get people talking, and checking out the ad that's for sure!

This is gonna be my next pick up line :D

:rofl: It's fun. Hey Stormie I've got a bloke for you who will think that's hilarious. He's just got a puppy, he's gorgeous and single. He's a responsible dog owner with a great sense of humour so it'll go down well if you have a laugh about Katherine saying BALLS. He'd find it hilarious if some little cutie like you came out with that.

:laugh::thumbsup:

except I don't know how to pronounce her last name! :o

:rofl: It's fun. Hey Stormie I've got a bloke for you who will think that's hilarious. He's just got a puppy, he's gorgeous and single. He's a responsible dog owner with a great sense of humour so it'll go down well if you have a laugh about Katherine saying BALLS. He'd find it hilarious if some little cutie like you came out with that.

Splendid!