Rspca Outraged Over Lenient Sentence For Puppy Farmer

rachiie

No great surprise there. Disgusting though that he didn't even have to pay the RSPCA the care bills.

The latest one up my way, after breaching care and orders not to own and sell animals four times, and was fined and sentenced to three months in prison, having to serve only one month before she's out on parole. Banned from owning animals for five years, which is better than nothing, but I gaurentee in five years the exact same thing will happen all over again.

Its hard to give an opinion on what his punishment should be when we dont know all of the facts which would justify a conviction.

Never walking on a lead or not having toys, almost dying after the dog was in RSPCA care having puppies ,the photo etc doesnt tell us what would give a magistrate the ability to place too much on him.

If people are going to be charged and found guilty of a crime of cruelty for not putting a lead on a dog or providing it with toys there will be a hell of a lot of people with charges on them.

Words that tell us a dog has never been out of shed or never blah blah blah dont help either. Just because you see dogs in sheds doesnt mean that tells how long they have been there or how often they are out etc.

The only person who can know this is the owner and not someone who is on the spot for a short period unless the owner says so. Keeping dogs in sheds isnt in itself a crime anyway and it depends on conditions inthe shed and size of pens etc anyway.

Ive no doubt there must be more as the RSPCA wouldnt seize the dogs without strong reason and vet evidence the dogs were in poor condition or treated cruelly and if it wasnt pretty bad and not fixable

- though Id like to know why the magistrate didnt award costs.

I would like to know more of the facts.

I agree Steve. You can never really know what is fact and what is a reporter or Animal Rights person using quotes to pull on the heart strings of people which is a shame because to be honest I think this puppy farm is a 'puppy farm' in the true sense of the what a 'puppy farm' is, that doesn't look after it's dogs but I have become more and more cynical reading these kinds of articles because of all the rubbish that gets printed and placed on websites these days. You just don't know what is true. This is why I think the Animal Rights people do more damage to the welfare of these dogs than anything else because they get caught out lying and exaggerating so much the public become very sceptical about these things. Here is an interesting show about PETA that you may like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY