Update-all Sorted (ear Infection?)

julzjc

Hey guys, I've called 10 different vets and every one is closed until atleast tomorrow morning.

I think Indie has an ear infection, it looks to be a bloody/brown discharge coming from deep inside his ear (down his neck fur too though). He keeps shaking his head but there is no smell atall coming from it, just the slight smell of blood. He has never had a dirty or waxy ear before. It just suddenly came on just now.

I'm sitting in the car with him but having absolutly no luck finding a vet open today. Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable untill tomorrow morning? Or, do you know of any vets open near Liverpool today (I have tried calling alot of the ones Google came up with).

I might have some dog antibiotics at home but I'm not certain, can I give him those if I do? Is there anything I could get from the chemist? What about rescue remedy (deffinatly have that at home)?

Thanks guys :(

ETA-on the way to homebush vet clinic now :)

Edited by julzjc

have you tried Animal Referral Hospital?

(from their site)

Both clinics are open 24 hours on public holidays

Homebush

Monday - Friday 6pm - 8am

All weekend : 5pm Friday - 8am Monday

CALL : 02 9758 8666

click for location details

Baulkham Hills

7 days a week 7pm - 8am

All weekend : 7pm Friday - 8am Monday

CALL : 02 9639 7744

ed to add link

Edited by dwynwen

have you tried Animal Referral Hospital?

(from their site)

Both clinics are open 24 hours on public holidays

Homebush

Monday - Friday 6pm - 8am

All weekend : 5pm Friday - 8am Monday

CALL : 02 9758 8666

Baulkham Hills

7 days a week 7pm - 8am

All weekend : 7pm Friday - 8am Monday

CALL : 02 9639 7744

ed to add link

Thankyou! Just called them, away to go there now :thanks::)

Pm 'RAPPIE". she is a vet, she may give you an idea.

I have some dermotic here which is for ear infections, but i am probably a hike away from you, and you need to know what it is first. :(

Thankyou Juice. Just away to head to the homebush clinic now. Just like you said, I'm just not sure if it is an ear infection with the lack of smell. I tried to wipe it a little just now but it's obviously painfull, deffinatly not a laceration and deffinatly coming from somewhere deep in the canal. I'll post back when I know. Thanks for the offer juice, much appreciated :)

Pm 'RAPPIE". she is a vet, she may give you an idea.

I have some dermotic here which is for ear infections, but i am probably a hike away from you, and you need to know what it is first. :(

Thankyou Juice. Just away to head to the homebush clinic now. Just like you said, I'm just not sure if it is an ear infection with the lack of smell. I tried to wipe it a little just now but it's obviously painfull, deffinatly not a laceration and deffinatly coming from somewhere deep in the canal. I'll post back when I know. Thanks for the offer juice, much appreciated :)

You couldn't be heading towards a nicer bunch of people (having spent a fair amount of time there this year).

I hope they are able to get the bottom of this!