Its Fineally Happening!

whitka

So looks like I will fineally be getting that puppy that ive been wanting for a few years :thumbsup: It wont happen till the end of next year but at least its happening, im just a little excited :laugh:

Funny thing is I now have no idea what breed I want. I thought I did but now have no clue there's just to many. So prob a good thing I have a year to decide :laugh:

YAY!!! Congrats :D What breeds are topping the list at the moment?

You're patient to wait a whole year, hope it goes super quickly for you.

To many at the moment :laugh:

I wish it was sooner but we will have our own house by the end of next year so that would be a better time.

Easy one. An Aussie of course. :p :provoke:

Aussies are still at the of my list of course :D But the OH also wants to be in on the chooseing process :laugh:

Going to see if I can drag him to the pet expo to meet a few breeds.

How could he resist an Aussie? :thumbsup:

I know how goregous they are :laugh: But he's never met one, he more likes Husikes since that's what he grew up with. But I want to agility with this puppy so want something a little easier to train so hopefully we will find something we both will like.

I've also been looking at lappies, tollers, another golide or another lab. Also a border collie to.

Edited by whitka

If you want to meet a few more Tollers, I will be at the Central Gippsland shows in Morwell (I think it's Morwell but around there) on the 7th and 8th of January with my three :)

It's Newborough. I'll be there with two Aussies.

I know what you mean! Since joining DOL I have more breeds on my 'wish list' than I could ever possibly hope to own in my lifetime:). Dolers like Gayle with her beautiful Aussies and Mita with her Tibbies have led me to research breeds I never considered before. And don't even get me started on Lappies and Fauves!!!

If you do look into a Lappie for agility- make sure it is from lines that do some performance work already. There are some very chilled out individuals that do have an 'on switch' but you need to turn yourself inside out to flip it (or go to herding in my girls case), other lines have a much more easily found on switch! My girl is proving not so easy to train for agility- she keeps asking me why we are doing these things, but she is doing better at flyball because the other dogs rev her up more.

I looooove the look of a Britany but have not actually managed to meet one in the flesh yet :)

Thanks Jumabaar, while I would like to do agility with this pup its not high on my list.

I want a medium - large dog that is freindly to both people and dogs as well as other animals. Is active but calm in the house, not to much of a barker. Is easy to train ( for agility as well as being able to be let of the lead ) I dont mind a little grooming but nothing that requires a lot of clipping or trips to the groomer. Also a dog that is affeconate and loves to be with its owners.

Edited by whitka

Thanks Jumabaar, while I would like to do agility with this pup its not high on my list.

I want a medium - large dog that is freindly to both people and dogs as well as other animals. Is active but calm in the house, not to much of a barker. Is easy to train ( for agility as well as being able to be let of the lead ) I dont mind a little grooming but nothing that requires a lot of clipping or trips to the groomer. Also a dog that is affeconate and loves to be with its owners.

That sounds like a Border Collie. :thumbsup:

You just described an Aussie :provoke: :D

Well a Brittany pretty much ticks all the boxes

Well a Brittany pretty much ticks all the boxes

:D

OH is still pretty keen on a Husky but I really want something abit more trainable but he also doesnt want a real fluffy dog so I guess that cuts out alot of the other spitz breeds.

Edited by whitka