Doggy Step

cornell

Does anyone know where I can get a stable and large step to help my large dogs get out of the car more easily?

A carpeted stable raised platform would be ideal.

I'm afraid that my girl would not trust a ramp.

OOOOoooo interesting Thanks KHM!

and thanks for the feedback guys!! :thanks:

I love this forum!

We need something to help her get out of the car since she has some front end weakness at times.

Last night we set up a non slip board and attached it to a a raised dog bed to make a DIY platform. I hope that it gives her something stable to jump on without being too low.

Does anyone know of any devices to help a large breed get out of the car? when we don't have our large DIY platform?

I am now thinking that she would just try to jump over a step.

I have a van with a deck above for dogs and storage below. The deck is about waist height so easy for the nimble Kelpies. I used to have a geriatric Great Dane who simply couldn't manage it so I got a folding camp table from 'Drifta' here (scroll down a bit to see it)

A standard sized step stool or ramp wasn't going to work with a dog as big as a Dane and I already had a camping kitchen and table set up from Drifta so I knew they were good. The great thing about the table is that the legs are adjustable in height so good for all sizes of car. It also holds up to 100kg. I got hold of some pyramid matting and got my handy motor trimmer brother to stitch it onto canvas in a sort of fitted sheet arrangement so it has a non slip top. I can still take the canvas/matting thing off and use the table as a table if I want to.

The Dane is now long gone but I still use the table. It folds down completely flat and has a handle on one side to carry it.