Jenna Ran Through A Glass Door

Leelaa17

One of my boys did exactly the same thing...and although I dont mean to worry you, even if neurologically all is okay, can I suggest at some stage you get her checked out by a good chiro.

My boy appeared fine after the event, but had actually done some damage through compressing the vertebrae in his neck down into his spine from the force of the impact. He showed nothing at the time (being the tough nuts that Shepherds are) and it wasnt until a few of weeks later the injury started to show itself....

But hopefully all is good for your girl......we ended up putting big white taped crosses across the bottom of our sliding door...the things we do for our dogs.

This is the most likely injury from this sort of accident. Dog's heads are very tough but they can injure their neck and spine if they run into something head first.

Hope all is well for your girl tonight and in the morning :)

I am going to have an anxious night with my 4mth old girl tonight too. She raced out into the yard after dinner and picked up a small cane toad that was hopping around. i grabbed her and tried to wash her mouth out but she wouldn't hold still for long. Emergency vet said to wet cloth her gums and get everything off her gums. She went and ate her dryfood in the meantime and so far (touch wood) seems ok. Happened abt 2 1/2hrs ago now. I will watch her for another hr or so. I am the same as you, i watch my boy for ages after every meal as i am paranoid abt bloat too.

Edited by german_shep_fan

Oh my god! Poor little Jenna, imagine her shock! And yours of course.

I'm sure she'll be fine, but agree with the other suggestions to get her checked for other spinal etc injuries, they can be building and not show for ages until they're quite serious.

I imagine she'll be very wary around the mean door for a while!

Poor thing, I hope she is okay.

I had the same thing years ago with our dog. I ended up sticking a big painting that my then little primary school daughter had done at school onto the door at dog height. Fixed the problem.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your concern and well wishes, and advice!!

Jenna is doing fine. Boistrous (is that how you spell??) as always. We have a another sliding screen door so now I am closing that so they can see that the doors aren't open!!

and to german shep fan - I hope your little one is ok!! How did it all go?? Good work on getting to her so quickly!! Jenna (yes Jenna again) brought in a frog from outside - never in my life have I seen a frog even remotely near my house so that was a shock in itself... and because of all this talk about cane toads coming down to sydney I was so paranoid. It wasn't a cane toad though - thank goodness. Still watched them both though!

I will look into some good chiro's around the area and see if I can book her in.

Again, thanks everyone!

get some decals and put them on the door at dog height so she can more easily see it is closed and

This is what I did doesnt look to shabby besides the dogs are more important than

a nice clean , clear view.

get some decals and put them on the door at dog height so she can more easily see it is closed and

This is what I did doesnt look to shabby besides the dogs are more important than

a nice clean , clear view.

believe it or not the door wasn't clean. it's actually very dirty. haha so she must've just ran without actually looking!

Crystal was playing zoomies with Clover in the house when OH growled at them to stop, she (Crystal) hit the brakes, skidded and wacked her head against a wall unit. We have polished boards.

End result was a concussed Cavalier. :eek: I took her to the vets and it took a few days for her to open her eyes in strong light properly but she was okay after a few days.

She has also run out the door so fast she knocked the flyscreen door off its railing and hit fell over the top of Bonnie, fortunately Bonnie had just gone down a couple of stairs so it actually didn't hit her so much as cover her over as she went down the stairs!

They are like kids at times!

Edited by LizT

Crystal was playing zoomies with Clover in the house when OH growled at them to stop, she (Crystal) hit the brakes, skidded and wacked her head against a wall unit. We have polished boards.

End result was a concussed Cavalier. :eek: I took her to the vets and it took a few days for her to open her eyes in strong light properly but she was okay after a few days.

She has also run out the door so fast she knocked the flyscreen door off its railing and hit fell over the top of Bonnie, fortunately Bonnie had just gone down a couple of stairs so it actually didn't hit her so much as cover her over as she went down the stairs!

They are like kids at times!

oh dear!!! sounds like your ones are glutton for punishment!! haha

I know they are very much like kids, I swear, every time I inspect max I see that hes got a little sore here or a little sore there thats scabbed over and I think, how on earth did you get that!! he's always in the wars!!